Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: fiber- a myth?

Shop Now
    Well, no, if your thyroid sucks, your metabolism won't be fine even with good exercise & a healthy diet. BTDT. But I do agree that improving metabolism is no magic bullet for digestion. ANd yes, cold is another hypothyroid sign. A major one. I recommend a Free T3 test right away in the case of constipation + feeling overcold. Thyroid Mistreatment, Hypothyroidism Scandals, and Thyroid Treatment Problems | Stop The Thyroid Madness. Those are classic symptoms.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this book and website...
    Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults...
    See post 17.

More fiber makes things much worse. At least it did for me. And I tried for a few years, resulting in having my gall-bladder removed.

I have chronic constipation, and I thought it was strange that more fiber seemed to make things worse--until my GI doctor confirmed that he personally has the same problem. He says that fiber has been 'oversold' based on flawed research.

I've yet to find a solution to my issue. The GI recommended Miralax, and it works for me, but I don't like the 'way' it works. But I've tried almost every other remedy suggested by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I have chronic constipation, and I thought it was strange that more fiber seemed to make things worse--until my GI doctor confirmed that he personally has the same problem. He says that fiber has been 'oversold' based on flawed research.

I've yet to find a solution to my issue. The GI recommended Miralax, and it works for me, but I don't like the 'way' it works. But I've tried almost every other remedy suggested by anyone.
    Seriously, check out Gut Sense/Fiber Menace. It really does make sense.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    See post 17.
    Sorry, Sqidmark. I didn't look back far enough. It can't be linked too many times though.

http://www.gutsense.org/