Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benefits of F.lux

Shop Now
    I just did it on my macbook. When I "activated" it, I was expecting some additional instructions, clicks etc. but instead my screen suddenly became less harsh going to a warm glow....quite pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
    I just did it on my macbook. When I "activated" it, I was expecting some additional instructions, clicks etc. but instead my screen suddenly became less harsh going to a warm glow....quite pleasing.
    Yeah it's nice to find 'lightweight' software in these days of bloatware. I set the transition time to slow so it changes over the course of an hour, simulates the real sunset better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I dont know. My sleep was bad bad bad. And I got fat fat fat, for all kinds of reasons, but sleep was always a factor, or lack thereof. I don't know anything about biphasic sleep, but I would think you would be better to adjust so that you get your sleep in uninterrupted. JMO.
    Getting a whole uninterrupted night's sleep is the best. It usually never happens but recently I was on a prescription of percocet for an injury and man.. those things would knock me out and the next thing I know it's morning. Best feeling ever. But normally I wake up after 3 or 4 hours and then just lie in bed until just before I have to get up. At that point I fall into a deep sleep and wake up grouchily to the alarm

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    prescription of percocet for an injury and man.. those things would knock me out
    Seems like I had to take that once, or something and it sure knocked me out also, but then.... at the time we had a bed with tall posts... and when I woke up.... I thought I was on a boat....like the love boat or something though it looked more like a pirate ship.... and..... well never mind..... but DH wished I had more of them.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I've been using it, haven't noticed a difference in my sleep (I also got some orange safety glasses that filter out blue, I put them on about 2 hours before bed every night since I'm pretty much at a computer screen, smart phone, tablet or tv the last 2 hours before bed) but I can't say I fall asleep any easier or get any better sleep neither one bothers me to do so I keep using both.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Shop Now
    I think f.lux is a great idea and use it on my desktop and PC.

I've found that using the Phillips goLite in the morning has helped me even more with establishing a good circadian rhythm. I had a lot of trouble getting tired and the bright morning light helped a great deal. These lights are often associated with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) but I think it's a great thing to try for anyone who has trouble getting sleepy at night or is traveling across timezones.