Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal New Year's Resolutions? page

trekfan is offline Senior Member

Primal New Year's Resolutions?

Seeing as how New Year's is next Tuesday, I was wondering what (if any) Primal New Year's Resolutions the good folks here have? Do you make resolutions? Do you do something else?

Let me know.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Never eat ice cream again.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG trekfan - that is a huge weight loss.
    Well done you.
    I don't think that you need any New Years resolutions. Keep enjoying life ............... at your age - the world is your oyster !!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Never eat ice cream again.
    HAHA, yes, I hear this. It seems so worth it for about five seconds and then ... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OMG trekfan - that is a huge weight loss.
    Well done you.
    I don't think that you need any New Years resolutions. Keep enjoying life ............... at your age - the world is your oyster !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks primal Gwamma. Yeah, I did lose a lot of weight which has left me lacking any New Year's Resolutions this year. Last year I was still losing weight (60 pounds down roughly from where I was last New Year's) but I'm not this year.

True, I need to eat a bit cleaner (the Christmas holidays ... sigh) but that applies for a lot of us I think. I'm thinking that this year my New Year's Resolutions should be less physical and more cerebral.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have very modest resolution this year. To brush my teeth every night. Dunno if it's Primal, but I keep falling asleep before I brush my teeth, so I want to make sure to brush them earlier at night right after supper. I am not sure just WHY it is such a monumental fit of willpower. ???
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JMack383 is offline Junior Member
    As far as lifestyle goes...exercise more frequently, enjoy the outdoors more. My big resolutions are to travel more and to be around friends more.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    For years, my only resolution has been not to make a list to start on the New Year.
    The one I kicked off Wednesday was getting in some form of exercise every day. Walking, sprints, weights, body weight, SOMETHING.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I generally use a scatter approach for resolutions. I make a ton of them with the idea that if I even keep one, I'm still better off than the year before. They generally revolve around things like getting more organized, going to places I haven't been yet, and taking better care of myself.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I don't really make resolutions anymore--I set goals instead. This year I want to achieve a 300-pound deadlift and 200-pound squat. I also want to learn and implement better time management skills. Resolutions seem like "I will" or "I won't" statements with a pass/fail mentality. Goals are targets with concrete steps and measurable outcomes. Maybe that's just semantics, but it makes a difference in how likely I am to succeed.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My resolutions are to get round to losing the last 45lbs that need to disappear, to quit whining about doing weights and just get on with, and to tidy out my office and keep it tidy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast