Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
I second the meetup.com suggestion. It's a brilliant way to meet new people, and has the added advantages of 1) you already have stuff in common with them, 2) they are probably looking for new friends too.

It's also worth really thinking about what you're interested in. You can find groups for just about everything.

Also, if you're not totally adverse to it, there is a great self help book called "Feel the Fear and do it anyway". It's all about learning to recognise the negative chatter in your head, and separate yourself from it. It also makes you realise that everyone has these thoughts, and that some people have learned to overcome them. I read it when I was 23 (I used to have massive social anxiety) and it helped me a lot.

Your post was really moving btw. Thanks for your openness. And well done on the weight loss!
Thanks a lot, YogaBare, for the suggestions and compliments. Yeah, I'll def look hard into the meetup group thing. I'll also see if that book you're talking about is in my local library, sounds like something I'd like to give a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
I just watched a movie on Hulu called "Craigslist Joe". If you are able to watch that movie it might give you some interesting ideas.
I'll see if that movie is available where I'm at. If not on Hulu, than maybe Netflix or Amazon Prime (as I have access to both). Thanks for the suggestion