Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal New Year's Resolutions? page 3

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My resolutions are never about food or health, but usually some small way to make life more enjoyable...one year I decided to start giving money to street musicians as my resolution because I think they make life more interesting.

This year my resolution is to start sending cards through snail mail again for my friends' birthdays instead of resorting to lame posts on facebooks, which really take zero effort and don't actually mean anything. I sent my first card a few weeks ago, and it was actually kind of exciting.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    This year my resolution is to start sending cards through snail mail again for my friends' birthdays instead of resorting to lame posts on facebooks, which really take zero effort and don't actually mean anything. I sent my first card a few weeks ago, and it was actually kind of exciting.
    That's a really great idea! I've always thought about sending snail mail to my closer friends, but never knew what to write about. Birthday is a perfect occasion, and then I will also know who lives where XD

I don't make New Year's resolutions. But a few lifestyle improvements always occur to me around this kind of year, and they wind up being de facto resolutions, so...*rolls eyes at self*

This year, we've got:
    1) Find some physical activities to do out in my new town on a regular basis, like yoga, martial arts or a rock climbing class. Combining physical activity and socialization is key.

2) Give up coffee. Sure, Mark says coffee is ok as long as you're not using it as a crutch. And my friends - I'm using it as a goddamned pacemaker. I am chemically addicted. And I don't like the idea of being really addicted to anything. I'll indulge in caffeinated tea on occasion, but my daily go-to drink will be herbal tea (although I'm seriously considering decaf coffee because beyond being addicted, I really LIKE it! I'm still trying to decide if that's reasonable or a lame cop-out that's bound to sabotage my efforts).

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    2012 was my year to lose weight (lost 130 lbs), and was a success.

2013 is my year to get stronger. I start Crossfit on the 7th.

I am also getting out more, hiking, camping, and bunches of other outdoor activities that I couldn't (wouldn't) do at 325 lbs.

Not so much a New Years resolution, but more of a determination to change my life for the better.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I kind of like setting New Year's Resolutions, but I rarely keep up with them

This year I'd like to reach 20% body fat (ideally I'll get lower, but 20% is a good figure to start with).

Be able to do a pull up (without assistance), or even more

Will not fall off the primal path (I was really good when I first started out, and then I started letting a couple of things slip in... and then more slipped in... and so on and so forth). No more slipping!

Quickfeet101 is offline Junior Member
    I usually don't do new year's resolutions, but I have one this year.

I have always wanted to enjoy eating fish, so my goal is to cultivate a taste for it.

I don't have the heart (hee, hee) to tackle organ meats yet.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickfeet101 View Post
    I usually don't do new year's resolutions, but I have one this year.

I have always wanted to enjoy eating fish, so my goal is to cultivate a taste for it.

I don't have the heart (hee, hee) to tackle organ meats yet.
    I am learning to like fish too! Start with Tilapia, it's tasty with butter and spices!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    In addition to sending out real cards for my friends' birthday, another resolution will be to take at least one hot bath every week by candlelight while relaxing to some This American Life/Radiolab podcasts, which I never seem to have time to listen to. I am really looking forward to this!

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Some really great ones here, folks. Here's mine:

My top New Year's Resolution is to be more social. I am a major, major, social coward. Years of being the fat guy pretty much restricted me to one role (that of comic relief) and that role did not let me build up many social skills. I want to get out, get with other people, and have fun. I hardly hang out with anyone from my age group. I'm great with people 30+ or 16 and younger ... adults and kids basically.

But as a 24 year old, I have no connection with my generation at all. This year, I'm making a major push to get more socially active. I'm not sure how to approach it, frankly it scares the crap out of me thinking about it all, but I got to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- seriously, I need the help.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Trekfan are you at all interested in historical re-enactment? A couple of years ago my son and I used to hang out with some friends that did Renaissance Fairs and there were lots of 20 something yr olds as well as older folks. It was fun just hanging out in the camps, it attracts a lot of interesting eclectic people. Plus the food can be pretty primal; there always seems to be some one selling turkey legs to gnaw on.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast