Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal New Year's Resolutions? page 2

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This year I'm trying a new approach: if something is so unimportant than I can wait for some arbitrary day (new year, whatever) before starting, it isn't important enough to do. This is in contrast to my old approach: if something is important enough to be new year's resolution, it's too important to delay until an arbitrary day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving up sugar and alcohol.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Complete the weight loss (40 lbs down in 2012, another 40ish to go) but focus more on
    being healthy not just physically but mentally/spiritually and emotionally
    spend more time outdoors: go kayaking, hiking, camping things I have never done in my 46 years
    build a tribe
    get a second job
    start saving money to buy my own land
    recognize that all of this is ongoing

This looks like a lot but I have started the process on all of it so I am feeling fairly confident...
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    To finally quit (or cut waaay down) eating nuts.

PriM8 is offline Junior Member
    no alcohol on "school nights"
    dammit...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I have very modest resolution this year. To brush my teeth every night. Dunno if it's Primal, but I keep falling asleep before I brush my teeth, so I want to make sure to brush them earlier at night right after supper. I am not sure just WHY it is such a monumental fit of willpower. ???
    Ah, this reminds me:
    No more food after brushing my teeth after dinner in the early evening. Nohing. Zip.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I'm cutting my alcohol consumption in half. I don't drink a whole ton now, but enough, so I'm trimming that down by half. we'll see how that goes. i'd also like to get outside and exercise more.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to have specific lifting goals. If I really want to meet them, I have no choice but to 1) clean up my diet, with less sugar (chocolate), and 2) get more sleep, which are the main components of PB that I have problems with. Three in one, but focus on one

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    No resolutions for me as such, but some goals and affimations

Start eating really clean again - no more sugary crap, almond flour mince pies are not healthy and neither are lint truffels

This shoud lead to goal of losing last pounds to get lean and moderatly defined all over (ie of the rest of me was as 'ripped' as my legs and forarms i'd be most happy)

I also have a couple of fitness goals to aim for in this year.

Want to get running again once achilles tendon has healed and do a half marathon, maybe even a full marathon

Get a sandbag to add lifting heavy stuff to bodyweight excersises

Complete the centrury challange (40 squats, 30 press-ups, 20 hanging knee raises, 10 pull-ups) (thanks to Al Kavdlo for this idea from his PCC course) and then set a challage to do it as fast as possible, then try for 3 rounds as a quickish work-out.

Do 25 pull-ups

Do a Muscle up, pistol squat, kip up and handstand push-up.

That should keep me busy.

I also want to work on becoming a personal trainer this year, but not sure how to fund it, or find the time, but it's a work in progress.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine as follows...(not necessarily all primal)

I will continue to eat red meat, butter, cream, raw chocolate and bacon regularly, sometimes all at once.

I will not under any circumstances submit my body to a Diet, Anything that starts with the word "die" cant be healthy..

I will make some sort of half arsed attempt to keep my house tidy...ish.... emphasis on half-arsed.

I will try to BBQ more out in the back when the weather is nice. if the weather is naff I may still BBQ simply to drive the neighbors insane.

Scr£w Fashion, I will dress however I like.

I will put aside more time to read. & maybe if I'm feeling particularly generous, write stuff.. whatever I feel like...even if its cr@p...

Drink more... Probably water as whiskey is expensive at 1/2 gallon a day.

Live more natural. Find natural products that work for me. No nudist colony's though, I think that may be to natural......

Walk the dogs more, play more, get outside more. Or play outside with the dogs more.......

I will nurture my inner b*tch, I figure I'm old enough to stop being so nice to stupid people that are a waste of air.

I will stop dragging my mind out of the gutter.. Its fun there. I should enjoy it....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast