Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Stones "Eat for Heat" page 6

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pretty much every person in here would rather eat a banana peel than a gummi worm. Gummy-worms are not food (corn derivatives and mineral oil, which comes from gasoline production or the like, I believe) and at least plant matter is plant matter.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Nice replies. Environment has forced an adaptation on us. Keep on being deathly afraid of anything neolithic though.

Also, your dear Mark Sisson has probably said corn syrup is nothing to be afraid of. My gummy bears are good stuff.
    nihil

Yes, mark has said that. Mark has to soften the message for the masses. It's baby food, the lure, the easy path to good health. The devil's in the details. Has anybody tested regular corn syrup for pesticide residues, processing chemicals, etc.? Because, even if a food seems chemically safe based on it's nutritional attributes, that doesn't mean the way it's been handled and treated makes any sense at all.

Environment has failed to force any decent adaptations on me! When I ate high-carb, I was getting sweats and flushing skin, feeling hot and uncomfortable on a regular basis after eating. I thought it was normal until I tried PB. Now, stable temps for the most part.

Your lovely fruit advice didn't go very well at all. I'd give it longer, but I'm not really into gaining this much weight. Already 10 pounds heavier thanks to your ideas. I appreciate that you were, in fact, trying to be helpful. But I'd rather look old than be fat and constipated, and hungry all the time.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Which fruit were you eating? From what I remember it was mostly bananas? (high in starch unless really ripe)

Fruit with a very high water content can also induce some bloating. Also, if you don't adjust your fat intake it can cause weight gain.

It sounds like you're really insulin resistant. Did you try orange juice?

ARS | Publication request: Orange juice consumed regularly decreased the Insulin Resistance in normal subjects
    nihil

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nice replies. Environment has forced an adaptation on us. Keep on being deathly afraid of anything neolithic though.

Also, your dear Mark Sisson has probably said corn syrup is nothing to be afraid of. My gummy bears are good stuff.
    Well, in small doses he said it's ok. It's because it's pretty much pure glucose, so as long as it fits within your personal carb curve... *shrugs*

But we still have the high fructose version of that beast which a lot of people might have thought he was talking about. Two different things actually.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Yes, mark has said that. Mark has to soften the message for the masses. It's baby food, the lure, the easy path to good health. The devil's in the details. Has anybody tested regular corn syrup for pesticide residues, processing chemicals, etc.? Because, even if a food seems chemically safe based on it's nutritional attributes, that doesn't mean the way it's been handled and treated makes any sense at all.

Environment has failed to force any decent adaptations on me! When I ate high-carb, I was getting sweats and flushing skin, feeling hot and uncomfortable on a regular basis after eating. I thought it was normal until I tried PB. Now, stable temps for the most part.

Your lovely fruit advice didn't go very well at all. I'd give it longer, but I'm not really into gaining this much weight. Already 10 pounds heavier thanks to your ideas. I appreciate that you were, in fact, trying to be helpful. But I'd rather look old than be fat and constipated, and hungry all the time.
    You are unhealthy. Its the hard truth. Someone that cant even eat a bit of fruit without gaining excessive weight and gets constipated does not have a healthy digestive system. The sign of a healthy metabolism and digestion would be being able to eat just about anything in any quantity and digesting fine.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I was going with fructose malabsorption for knifegill.

Whats the sugar eater's take on that (fructose malabsorption)?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You are unhealthy. Its the hard truth. Someone that cant even eat a bit of fruit without gaining excessive weight and gets constipated does not have a healthy digestive system. The sign of a healthy metabolism and digestion would be being able to eat just about anything in any quantity and digesting fine.
    No no...he can eat a bit. He regularly eats an apple a day and some berries. So call it 2 pieces of fruit a day. Problem was he was trying to bump it to 7-8 pieces a day and that caused some real issues. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would not do well eating that much fruit. From my understanding fructose malabsorption can effect a fairly good chunk of the population.

No doubt he has had metabolic issue in the past. If you havent seen his before and after photo's its nothing short of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I was going with fructose malabsorption for knifegill.

Whats the sugar eater's take on that (fructose malabsorption)?
    Pure fructose can be malabsorbed and feed bacteria producing endotoxin. Only in this context do I believe it exists. Fruit, honey, etc are balanced with equal parts glucose for your body to properly digest it.

If he's reacting poorly to fruit, it could just be that he's eating unripened fruit(bananas, apples) and having bad reactions to fiber in it.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I like my bananas almost black. I always buy the discount ones!

I did dial my fat, way, way back. I actually cut out the coconut milk!

Fructose malabsorption may very well be involved, here.

Why would you ever think that it's a sign of health to be able to eat everything? People diversified in very different environments and should expect to require slightly (very?) different macros/micros to be healthy.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast