Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Stones "Eat for Heat" page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    FTFY.
    You don't agree with him, so you call his theories nonsense despite everything being backed up in a scientific context? I don't believe you have any right to criticize anything considering the fact you've linked Lustig's video at least 3 times. The person who bases his entire theory on straw mans(and is even wrong about them to boot) and cites his youtube video hits as a way to refute criticisms of his theory. Talk about unscientific nonsense.

I suggest you read this: The bitter truth about fructose alarmism. | Alan Aragon's Blog

in which Lustig replies and is turned into a laughing stock by nearly everyone.

It's not really difficult to link metabolism with intelligence and longevity given the opposing relationship of lactic acid and carbon dioxide. Efficient respiring cells continuously give large amounts of energy as ATP along with co2 from oxidative metabolism.

Bohr effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In low metabolism, lactic acid is produced instead of co2. Overproduction of lactic acid causes hypoxia, given that aging, intelligence health are pretty much in direct relationship with the oxygen your cells are getting it's not much of a leap.

"The brain has a high rate of oxidative metabolism, and so it forms a very large proportion of the carbon dioxide produced by an organism. It also governs, to a great extent, the metabolism of other tissues, including their consumption of oxygen and production of carbon dioxide or lactic acid. Within a particular species, the rate of oxygen consumption increases in proportion to brain size, rather than body weight. Between very different species, the role of the brain in metabolism is even more obvious, since the resting metabolic rate corresponds to the size of the brain. For example, a cat's brain is about the size of a crocodile's, and their oxygen consumption at rest is similar, despite their tremendous difference in body size."
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'll take being dumb over burning all my cell divisions early and dying sooner. Shouldn't you be hunkered down in a corner with a mirror and razor snorting confectioner's powdered sugar until you pass out?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Lol Knife....

Anyhow the point is it isn't one little logical leap we are talking. It takes several moderate leaps to even get to this stage and make that last leap.....by this point its no little hop skip and a jump. Its more like Evel Knievel over the grand canyon.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    There is such a thing as cellular energy surpluses. Rate of living theory is idiotic.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'll take being dumb over burning all my cell divisions early and dying sooner. Shouldn't you be hunkered down in a corner with a mirror and razor snorting confectioner's powdered sugar until you pass out?
    Says the guy who is terrified of pizza delivery boys...

Also hilarious since Derps last post was speaking specifically to people who like you who are prematurely aging themselves via diet.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Be careful not to exercise too much, you may lower your heart rate and your IQ will go down...that's why all the high school jocks were dumb...
    So you mean all of that extra blood flow to my brain from an efficiently functioning heart ISN'T a good thing?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily in some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venomous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

The only issue man had with spearing soda was the defense mechanism of a large, pressurized plume of carbonated wasp attractant which would cover the unlucky hunter who got too close. This was solved largely by the onset of prehistoric obesity, whereby a sacrificial grok would simply be put in front of the hunting party and immediately latched to the can (fossil records show clear bite marks and bits of aluminum if the dentition of these sacrificial obese. Otherwise, the soda was freely available to the tribe on a regular basis.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Who needs the corner when a pixie stick is just that much easier?

We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily on some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venemous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

The only issue man had with spearing soda was the defense mechanism of a large, pressurized plume of carbonated wasp attractant which would cover the unlucky hunter who got too close. This was solved largely by the onset of prehistoric obesity, whereby a sacrificial grok would simply be put in front of the hunting party and immediately latched to the can (fossil records show clear bite marks and bits of aluminum if the dentition of these sacrificial obese. Otherwise, the soda was freely available to the tribe on a regular basis.
    Totally! It wasn't the meat that man was eating, that made their brains larger than that of any other animal. It was the lollipop bushes and Kool-Aid rivers! It's the ONLY way to explain how they maintained the caloric density they needed to support the size of those things...

Zach is offline Banned
    We all see the obvious evolutionary precedent for gummi-worm gathering and soda-pop hunting. The gummi-worm tree was plentiful throughout prehistory, and man has relied on it heavily in some seasons. Fossil records indicate that archaic species of gummi-worm were slightly more venomous, but some sort of primitive selection has made them even more palatable with time. Conjecture could lead one to consider that, without an intermediate host, the worm would have gone extinct, and thus losing its toxicity made it more palatable to more species, which would then excrete it willy-nilly in large steaming piles across the Sahara. Then all man had to do was get used to eating absolute crap to get his fill of gummi-worm.

You really are a weird duck dude.

So you would really rather eat a banana peel over a gummi worm?? Saaaad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast