Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Stones "Eat for Heat" page 3

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Damn technology. What ever happened to good old fashion books.

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    This is a very simplistic view of metabolic issues that assumes that the higher one's internal body temperature, the healthier one's metabolism is.

The reality is that the issues surrounding metabolic health are MUCH more complicated than this and you can elevate your metabolism/metabolic health to levels that are often bad for those of us with normal activity levels.

A lot of what he says is good stuff, but he ignores a good amount of the deeper complexities with metabolic health. One would do well not to blindly follow all of his advice and be careful to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Body temp isn't the be-all to end all for metabolic issues.
    After spending the $1.00 and reading the book this made me laugh out loud.

Since I am tired of cold hands and feet I tried cutting way back on the coffee, tea and water yesterday. That alone saved me much more than the dollar. I do not buy the woo woo that drinking soda can be healthful at all. I do wonder about how CW promotes so many fluids and if it does result in needless headaches, anxiety, stress, etc. It could just be placebo effect but I did feel calmer yesterday. I have been a high activity person who believed that if you're loosing fluid you needed to replace it and if you feel thirsty from exercise you've waited to long. Like I wrote earlier, if it causes the cold hands and feet to stop it's a win for me at that.
    Last edited by pace2race; 12-29-2012 at 04:08 AM.

cfrizzle88 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep, when you, me, Drumroll, and Otzi all agree, I would generally watch out for flying pigs but this gimmick is just too ridiculous.

Having a high body temp and a high pulse rate at rest serves no function. It's like sitting there at a stoplight going VROOM, VROOM on the gas pedal. You're not going anywhere any faster. Just putting lots of wear and tear on the engine.

But if Danny Roddy tells balding men it will make their hair grow back, they will buy just about any nonsense.
    Nice, comparing a human body with an automobile. Except, that "vroom vroom" is not causing wear and tear, exactly the opposite in fact.

Check your facts.
    Last edited by Admin; 12-31-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the "facts" have been checked and found wanting.
    Last edited by Terry H; 12-30-2012 at 07:52 AM.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Damn technology. What ever happened to good old fashion books.
    I'm with you!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrizzle88 View Post
    Nice, comparing a human body with an automobile. Except, that "vroom vroom" is not causing wear and tear, exactly the opposite in fact.

Check your facts.
    hello, sir. or madam. i couldn't help but notice the title you have on your reply, so i decided to stop by and ask how old you were
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    hello, sir. or madam. i couldn't help but notice the title you have on your reply, so i decided to stop by and ask how old you were
    Damn admin removing the evidence!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Peat et al are conducting experiments. But so are we all. My take is that deliberately raising metabolism is likely to raise incidence of defects in growth/repair. That is, cancer. Not an experiment I'm willing to undertake. Will look forward to the long term studies
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Damn admin removing the evidence!
    Yea but we all know it was there....I wonder if it was a sock-puppet.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Peat et al are conducting experiments. But so are we all. My take is that deliberately raising metabolism is likely to raise incidence of defects in growth/repair. That is, cancer. Not an experiment I'm willing to undertake. Will look forward to the long term studies
    It makes sense to me that increasing the rate of growth of the good stuff in your body might also increase the rate of growth of the bad stuff such as bad bacteria, yeasts, cancer, ect.

Isn't the opposite effect one of the reasons that fasting is so effective? It kills off things in your body because of a lack of energy to feed them and naturally prefers to kill the sick and damaged cells in your body (cancer et all again) before it goes after anything ese.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast