Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Stones "Eat for Heat" page 2

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    do i actually agree with drumroll on this? i'll be damned. pulse and temperature as an accurate prediction of metabolic health is a gimmick.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    do i actually agree with drumroll on this? i'll be damned. pulse and temperature as an accurate prediction of metabolic health is a gimmick.
    Not everything he says is wrong. It's just WAY too simplistic of a viewpoint to summarize by saying "pulse and temp = health." Things are more complicated than that by far.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Not everything he says is wrong. It's just WAY too simplistic of a viewpoint to summarize by saying "pulse and temp = health." Things are more complicated than that by far.
    I had to take Matt Stone's 180 deg health off my favorites list when he wrote that a sterile gut is better than a gut all full of nasty bacteria...

I really don't get why people follow him, Roddy, and Peat. They have this crazy sugar diet and when that doesn't work they take unprescribed thyroid meds.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I had to take Matt Stone's 180 deg health off my favorites list when he wrote that a sterile gut is better than a gut all full of nasty bacteria...

I really don't get why people follow him, Roddy, and Peat. They have this crazy sugar diet and when that doesn't work they take unprescribed thyroid meds.
    Yep. Temperature and pulse are only one indicator of thyroid health. In fact, they can be low and your thyroid still healthy. If you have low temps and/or pulse you might want to get things looked at, but it doesn't automatically mean your thyroid has issues. It could be something else as well.

You could just be an extremely high level endurance athlete.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I bought the .99 book (reading with the cloud). He has some interesting points, and I am always interested in new points of view, but it really isn't worth the normal full price. He needs help from an editor or something. Not all of us have experienced the health improvements that are claimed for PB, so it's good to get other views. Not sure I'll be downing loads of ice cream any time soon though.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I bought the .99 book (reading with the cloud). He has some interesting points, and I am always interested in new points of view, but it really isn't worth the normal full price. He needs help from an editor or something. Not all of us have experienced the health improvements that are claimed for PB, so it's good to get other views. Not sure I'll be downing loads of ice cream any time soon though.
    A raw carrot every morning will help kill your intestinal bacteria, too.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Not available for Kobo
    You can download it to your PC and read it there OR download it and convert it to epub
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post

Me either, what put me right off was seeing Cheeseslaves photo on her blog, she had put on loads of weight since using his methods. Last thing I would want is to put on 30+ pounds and look all bloated up.

I also dont understand why they advocate a high pulse rate. That baffles me, I always thought a lower pulse rate was better for health.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    Me either, what put me right off was seeing Cheeseslaves photo on her blog, she had put on loads of weight since using his methods. Last thing I would want is to put on 30+ pounds and look all bloated up.

I also dont understand why they advocate a high pulse rate. That baffles me, I always thought a lower pulse rate was better for health.
    Many people have a higher pulse rate...feeds to the CW nonsense.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    Yep, when you, me, Drumroll, and Otzi all agree, I would generally watch out for flying pigs but this gimmick is just too ridiculous.

Having a high body temp and a high pulse rate at rest serves no function. It's like sitting there at a stoplight going VROOM, VROOM on the gas pedal. You're not going anywhere any faster. Just putting lots of wear and tear on the engine.

But if Danny Roddy tells balding men it will make their hair grow back, they will buy just about any nonsense.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast