Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want something different from what you have always had.. page

valmason01 is online now Senior Member

If you want something different from what you have always had..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think this is my third journal, which now that I think about it does not fit with the title but the difference is that I will not abandon the attempt. I realize the dangers of recommitting at the New Years but my promise has been I would drop the unhealthy foods once the holidays are over. So...the holidays are over.

My (non-thought experiment) has been what will happen if I eat wheat. I have not had wheat in 6 months and even through Thanksgiving and Christmas did not have any. I did start eating potato chips as a snack at night and the rashes that had cleared up began to come back. I also periodically had corn chips (mostly organic). Then yesterday I just lost it. There were brownies and cinnamon rolls; one little bite led to another and another and boom. To add to the upset tummy the rash is all down the inside of my forearm, my joints hurt and my I am all stuffy.

If you want something different...

Since I started this post in Tallahassee I have gone for a walk with my niece and nephew, done 3 pushups from the ground, and driven home to Gainesville. I have a surprising amount of energy and a sinus headache. It is not just getting back to eating good food but living life in a sustainable, primal way. Moving more, getting out more, meeting people who are also primal, learning to live outside something I have never done.

So here it goes...

-.............you have to do something you have never done.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

phigment is offline Senior Member
    glad your back home. yae on energy

Thanks Phigment...what are your plans the next week?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    The sun is out and it was not nearly as cold as I thought it would be. Went to a local consignment store trying to find jeans, one pair too small, one pair too big, another had fashionable rips in them. Sigh...still no jeans. I have one pair that fit at this point. Did get a new pocketbook for 12.00. Vera Bradley no less

Finally got to Devil's Millhopper geology site. Neat place, it is a sink hole that is several thousand years old, has tiny waterfalls, limestone grottos, etc. Stairs have been built so you can climb to the bottom and back up. There were too many people though. THis one family with their dog, trying to take a picture and make the dog look at the camera, kept saying the word 'treat' but not offering one. Irritated me. Then they will get mad when the dog no longer listens to them. It is not far from my home and a good place to go in the afternoons when it is not so crowded. I guess I have just reached a point where outdoors is sacred. Granted I had a diet coke w/ me and was taking pics with my cell phone so I certainly wasn't perfect but no one seemed to appreciate the beauty around them. There was this one little guy who was more fascinated w/ the electrical tower being so tall than the huge trees. Sigh...the world is too civilized. I guess as humans we just have no balance. All of the griping aside it was a beautiful walk and I look forward to exploring it more.

Did an IF (17 hours), shooting for 15 in general. Not up to the point of more than that I think but it's a goal to work towards. A greater goal is to just quit thinking about food so much. I am always thinking about food. Just before the holidays I actually got busy at work and forgot to eat. I can honestly say this may be the first time in my life that has ever happened. I was so excited when I realized. I hope it is a sign of things to come.

So far today I have had coffee w/ coconut oil and a kale and broccoli salad w/ turkey and cheese and TJ's champagne pear dressing (very very good dressing btw). Planning a ribeye, sweet potato and another salad for supper. Trying not to obsess over macro's at the moment but just focus on eating clean and paying attention to what makes me feel good and what doesn't.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I'm in a mini vacation until wednesday. i have no plans of yet. we could get together and walk around a park or something.

i like devil's millhopper. o ccasionally a freind and i would walk to the bottom and run to the top or as close to the top as we could get. i took kc there once but he was afraid going up the stairs and i ended up carrying him the entire way. he was so fearful that he limped around the next two days.

Sounds good! Maybe Monday?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

So far I have been very lazy today. Woke up about 8 feeling tired but couldn't get back to sleep. Got up, had two cups of coffee, futzed around on the computer for a while and took a two hour nap. Back up again with a sinus headache. Trying to convince myself to do some cleaning and take a walk. I know I will feel better when I do. Funny, just typing that made me want to do it..hmmmm, maybe I am on to something here! Going to get something to eat and see where this leads!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Monday seems fine. Is Westwood park okay and what time is good for you?

No clue where Westwood is early afternoon..1ish?

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

see you at 1.

sounds good...!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

There are primal days and not so primal days. Today was less primal than it could have been. No movememt other than cleaning house. At least I got that done. I have an on again/off again sinus headache that consistently brings with it vertigo. Very irritating and uncomfortable. No wonder I have such a lousy sense of balance. There must be a way to overcome that. Finally left the house about 8 to go to the store and get gum and potato chips. Isn't that a ridiculous reason to leave the house? Damn snacky urge. I have to overcome this! Walked outside and realized its an amazingly beautiful night. Cold and clear, stars shimmering and a full moon. Made me wish I had someone to got out in the woods with away from the city lights. Part of me thinks I should just go by myself but then I get hung up on how unsafe that is. Damn unsafe world! Gainesville is not a huge town by any means but I want to be away from all the lights. Where I can walk outside and just sit and enjoy the night. I apparently am having some poor poor pitiful me's tonight. Time to get over that and get back to reality.

Food today: 2 cups of coffee with coconut oil and HWC, a dark leafy green salad w/ turkey and cheese, 2 hamburger patties with organic cheese and tater tots and a handful of cashews. And a stupid bag of chips sitting in there waiting on me. Will probably have some dark chocolate too.

Tomorrow is a new (Primal) day.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast