Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you want something different from what you have always had.. page 3

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    My life is very dull
    A side benefit is lower stress levels, which means a cortisol reduction..... which will help with weight loss! Who said boring can't be cool!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    LOL....Thanks! I can feel better about it now

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    A side benefit is lower stress levels, which means a cortisol reduction..... which will help with weight loss! Who said boring can't be cool!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    NP.... just flittering about the net dropping chear bombs....... lol..... actually I am WAY to big to flitter anywhere....

Flitter or stomp I need all the cheer bombs I can get.

So came home exhausted, fairly early and just collapsed. I was soooo tired. Ended up eating sausage and tater tots (at least that bag is empty now!) for supper and then popped popcorn. Went to bed at 7:30. I have never had an amazing energy level, always needed more sleep, etc. but this is ridiculous. I really do feel like I am not living life. And there are so many things I want to do!

On another rather depressing note there is a possibility that my father will lose his toes or foot because of diabetes. He hurt his toe somehow and did nothing about it. "It didn't hurt" he said. They did a Doppler scan today to check for blood flow. It certainly does make me more focused on my own blood sugar. And that I can't have popcorn damn it.

Today...left over hamburger with organic cheese slice and appx 1/3 of sweet potato. Supper will be steak and roasted cauliflower. Snack: maybe some bacon and dark chocolate. Appx carbs under 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    NP.... just flittering about the net dropping chear bombs....... lol..... actually I am WAY to big to flitter anywhere....

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Better primal day so far if you don't count sleeping too late. Went with Phigment to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens and walked around. Saw lots of amazing plants and an evil killer rabbit. Even had a short sprint. Thanks Phigment for demonstrating the correct way to do a squat Amazing the difference it makes on my knees. Weather is amazing. Can't wait for Spring to get here. Made me want to dig in the dirt.

Stopped by TJ's and got cleaning products and supplements. Really good prices. I hope the supplements work. Stopped by Moe's and got lunch/dinner (steak with veggies, guac, sour cream and cheese). My biggest success for the day was I did not get chips!! I was going to break down and then asked what oil they were cooked in. The answer is soybean oil. Managed to talk myself out of it at that. Probably will add some leftover from last nights steak and sweet potato.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Got a part time position in home health care! Woohoo! Now I have to work to keep it from derailing me. This is going to take some doing. Just walking around the gardens Saturday put me on the couch most of yesterday which is not good. Not entirely sure how to balance that. I feel pretty good today which makes it easier to believe I can do this. The reality is it will take some work and planning.

Food yesterday was leftover 2 cups of coffee w/ coconut oil and HWC
    lunch: left over Moe's
    supper: chuck roast w/ rice and gravy thickened with tapioca flour
    My blood sugar was 122 this morning. This is over 10 clicks less than average. That is very strange. Be nice if PHD was on to something but I really do have my doubts.

Today: morning: 2 cups of coffee w/ CO and HWC
    one coke zero_yes I know! its the caffeine
    lunch: dark leafy green sald w/ ham, cheese and boiled egg-TJ's champagne pear dressing
    supper: left over roast and cabbage
    snack: 3 pieces of bacon, handful of nuts and dark chocolate.

Be interesting to see what my bg is in the morning. The rice did help w/ the evening cravings but I can't imagine it being good on an ongoing basis.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on getting back on track....One primal meal at a time!

I am curious about your rash from eating wheat. Have you been formally tested for celiac disease?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

I haven't been tested for celiac. I had rashes for about a year and a half before I changed my eating. They went away within a month of not eating grains and I did not have one until around Thanksgiving. It has not gone away however. Very very itchy.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you heard of dermatitis herpetiformis? It is a rash caused by consumption in wheat in patients with celiac disease.

https://www.google.com/search?q=derm...IOv4igKm6YGoDA
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Mine is not nearly that bad. IT is more rashy than with blisters if that makes sense. I do have what I think is eczema on both elbows which has been worse lately as well. Who knows? Our food supply is killing us

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast