Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krill oil brand recommendation page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Krill oil brand recommendation

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I am switching my mom from fish oil to krill oil as I have read it is safer (Dr Mercola). She doesn't eat fish so feels she needs to supplement. I worry about the fact that omega 3 supplements can be rancid. Anyone have any recommendations?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    The best source of krill oil is eating fresh krill.

If you are taking an omega 3 supplement, it is probably at least partially rancid before you take it. If you do take it, it almost certainly oxidizes inside you. You couldn't pay me to take omega 3 supplements. If you think soybean oil is prone to rancidity, you haven't looked into EPA and DHA. They make soybean oil look like coconut oil in terms of resistance to oxidation.

The Great Fish Oil Experiment

That's why I don't supplement omega 3's. I eat fish. Why not just eat some fish every week? It's delicious and not particularly expensive.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

If you read my original post I said she doesn't eat fish and that I understand fish oil supplements can be rancid and that's why Dr Mercola said krill oil is safer. So no fish and no supplement then? It's not about me... I eat fish and don't supplement omega 3.
    Last edited by healthy11; 12-27-2012 at 10:50 AM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I did read your original post. I'm simply stating that no omega 3 supplementation is superior IMO. Krill might be better than fish, but my position is that nothing is better than krill and to save your money and energy.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I agree... I guess I will tell her not to take any supplement. What other ways are best to get Omega 3 in the diet? Raw macadamias?

rockrunner Guest
    ChocoTaco's semi coherent message is they are about the same... Fish oil vs krill oil...which ever brand you trust to be fresher etc...eating the actual oily fish would be best. You might be better off working on getting them to eat actual fish...otherwise a toss up.

Anyone else here supplement with fish oil??

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I use to. I've heard good things about this companies products Products - Green Pasture

I'm just going to have her eat some macadamias instead of almonds. The more I read the more I am reluctant to trust any.

rockrunner Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally I don't eat much of any kind of nuts but nothing wrong with macadamias...they taste great!! Is it the Omega 3 fatty acids your trying to boost? Or correct the the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast