Thread: Bi-Lateral Torn Meniscus page

PeakXV is offline Junior Member

Bi-Lateral Torn Meniscus

Primal Fuel
    I'm a 56-year old male who has just been diagnosed with a bi-lateral torn meniscus in the right knee (no arthritis present). my MD said surgical repair is not an option, because the meniscus won't heal due to the lack of blood supply, and removing the damaged area will only accelerate knee problems. I've been taking joint supplements and MSN for the last 10-years.

This knee issue is causing problems with my alpine mountaineering activities, due to pain/stiffness during descent.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Great news that you have no arthritic build up though. Mobility work and strengthening the surrounding musculature are your best bet.

Dan Pope is offline Junior Member
    Hey Peak,

Sorry to hear about your knees. It sounds like you're a very active guy which is great. There are certainly a lot of things you can do to atleast reduce some of the future degeneration and hopefully decrease some of the pain. I wrote a nice article outlining causes of most types of knee pain: 6 Common Causes Of Knee Pain and How to Fix Them - Part 1 | FITNESS PAIN FREE

If you're interested I wrote a 4 part article series about holistic management of knee pain by focusing on the joints above and below the knee. Here's part 4 and you can back track through the other parts. Knee Pain: What You Need to Know About the Core to Prevent Knee Injury | FITNESS PAIN FREE

Let me know if it helps.
    Dan Fitness Pain Free

Dan Pope is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Peak,

Sorry to hear about your knees. It sounds like you're a very active guy which is great. There are certainly a lot of things you can do to atleast reduce some of the future degeneration and hopefully decrease some of the pain. I wrote a nice article outlining causes of most types of knee pain: 6 Common Causes Of Knee Pain and How to Fix Them - Part 1 | FITNESS PAIN FREE

If you're interested I wrote a 4 part article series about holistic management of knee pain by focusing on the joints above and below the knee. Here's part 4 and you can back track through the other parts. Knee Pain: What You Need to Know About the Core to Prevent Knee Injury | FITNESS PAIN FREE

Let me know if it helps.
    Dan Fitness Pain Free