Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I even bother? page

Drumroll is online now Senior Member

Why do I even bother?

Shop Now
    The Primal Blueprint may be full of hundreds of truths, but they're truths that NO one wants to hear.

Ok guys, from now on I'm not sharing the secrets to my great health no matter HOW much you ask. Want to know how I lost so much weight and totally regained my energy and health again? "Magic."

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's true. Nobody wants to hear about the gym when they ask me how my legs are toned. That's why the diet drug industry fares so well. Everyone wants a magic pill.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sqidmark is offline Member
    "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

andreaincolombia is offline Junior Member
    I disagree. I didn't want to hear about it either at the beginning. But sometimes things just take time. Keep spreading the word. Even if you can bring around one person, you're doing well. I haven't lost a ton of weight yet (30lbs) and no one seems to notice, so I haven't reached the 'I'm telling everyone and no one is listening' stage though, so take it for what it's worth.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Let people find their own way. Nothing worse than someone going on and on about their dietary lifestyle.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Let people find their own way. Nothing worse than someone going on and on about their dietary lifestyle.
    Even if they ask first?

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Yeh they ask but usually they're wanting to hear about some quick magic formula.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    green tea the wonder drug that prevents cancer, cures diabetes, sheds 100 lbs, enlarges your penis and instantly adds 10 years to your lifespan and subtracts 10 years from your appearance
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Yeh they ask but usually they're wanting to hear about some quick magic formula.
    Yeah, telling people the truth will shatter their beliefs. Beliefs they have been force fed all their lifes. Things like...."all things in moderation", "eat a balanced diet" (whatever the heck "balanced" is), "Its a special day! Have some cake!", "Team won the championships....we're going to McDonalds to celebrate!"........and on and on. Its like telling them their culture sucks and is the cause of all their ails. They don't wanna hear that.

ms sage is offline Member
    I used to (pre-primal) take a whole wheat cracker with peanut butter on it for a quick snack after my lunch shift waiting tables. Many people would ask what I was eating and I had great fun telling them it was my new diet food. To which they all wanted to know where I got it. Once I explained it was a rye -crisp with peanut butter they lost interest. But man, when they thought it was the latest gimmick, they were right there! I could have sold a lot of those things.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast