Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I even bother? page 4

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    And when I'm forced to talk about my diet, as previously mentioned I never say "paleo", or "primal". I usually just say I eat natural foods: meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds.
    That's actually what I said and then someone added "and grains, right?"

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    It could just be Denver, but I've had the exact opposite experience out here. We have a couple paleo food trucks that do good business, and most folks I've talked to are very receptive to the idea. I find myself warning people about the dangers of the Cordain/Crossfit brand of paleo than anything else.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    It could just be Denver, but I've had the exact opposite experience out here. We have a couple paleo food trucks that do good business, and most folks I've talked to are very receptive to the idea. I find myself warning people about the dangers of the Cordain/Crossfit brand of paleo than anything else.
    Sounds like your community is just a lot more receptive than my family has been.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Hah. My sister is married to a vegan and now eats vegan at least five days out of the week. So... Any talk about soy being evil is about the worst thing I could do at that.
    This part I just don't get, because on the surface, I think vegan seems much weirder than primal. However, there are a lot of well-publicized celebrity vegans and we are a celebrity obsessed culture, so maybe they get a pass?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Veganism is also seen as a moral decision, almost like a religious choice, and we are generally far more reluctant to criticize people's beliefs than we are something we perceive as simply a diet.

Although I have to say, people say some really stupid stuff to vegetarians too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    While I stated reasons why some may no be receptive I really havent come across anyone claiming it didnt sound healthy. The only real complaint is that it sounds hard.....Well you know what....change can be tough. Thats life. So put on your big girl pants and get to it!.....The last part actually works best if you are speaking to a male that is 2-3 times your size

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be here if all people are like most of you I got here cos someone explained it to me. I took a while to think it over, and decided it made sense. So while they may not believe at first, one day, they may just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    I wouldn't be here if all people are like most of you I got here cos someone explained it to me. I took a while to think it over, and decided it made sense. So while they may not believe at first, one day, they may just get it.
    Nah, I'm done arguing with the family. Even if it's they who bring up the topic first. Magic my friend, it's all magic!

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Yeh they ask but usually they're wanting to hear about some quick magic formula.
    Maybe it's like asking how yor day is going, when they just want to hear,"great, good or fine" Nobody expects a long play-byplay of ones day.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    I just say that my body is too sensitive to grains and processed food so I dropped them and I exercise. That seems to be as much as they want to hear and their eyes don't glaze over too much.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast