Thread: Miracle Noodles page

I've never been a huge 'pasta' fan, but wondered about these "Miracle Noodles" (http://www.thehealthycookingcoach.co...e-noodles.html). They are not made from grains, but from Konnyaku/ Konjac root. It contains glucomannan, a healthy, naturally occurring water soluble fiber.

"Free of fat, sugar, and starch, the noodles contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories. They’re also kosher. Research supports Konnyaku’s beneficial effects for people with Type II Diabetes, constipation, obesity, and elevated cholesterol...The soluble fiber in the noodles slows digestion and the release of carbohydrates into your bloodstream. This provides a feeling of fullness, prolongs the return of hunger, and supports more even blood sugar and energy levels. The soluble fiber in Miracle Noodles also binds with bile acids secreted by your gall bladder, allowing your body to excrete rather than recycle them to make more cholesterol. This accounts for the cholesterol lowering effect of the noodles."

Just thought I'd bring it up as a questionable solution for those recipes that just seem to 'need' noodles, etc.

I'll be fine without them, but I always wondered about them.

I guess they are also sold in Asian Markets as "Shiritake Noodles"...

bpm
    bpm is offline Junior Member

I tried them once, a few years ago, at a friend's house. I will say this: Pasta it is not. It is indeed in the *shape* of a noodle, but that's about where the similarity ends. They have no flavor, and the consistency is somewhere between glass noodles and vulcanized rubber. At least, that was my experience.

If I were dying for noodles, I'd have a very rare cheat day and enjoy a great bowl of soba or udon at a good Japanese place, or pasta at a great Italian place (or at home!). These weren't in my experience worth eating, for any reason. Your mileage may vary, of course.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

try spaghetti squash for your pasta fix...