Thread: New to MDA, Primal Living and hoping for advice. page

ruyo is offline Junior Member

New to MDA, Primal Living and hoping for advice.

Hello Guys:

I'm initiating a Primal lifestyle as of today. I'm currently 34 years old, 269 lbs and with a total lack of energy, anxiety and bad mood. I'm considering the change since I have tried every single diet since I was 18, I lost 70 lbs last year and gained back 20. I don't want to yo-yo all of my life and my cousing who is an MD, suggested I read the PB. I have read the whole book and decided to start asap. My main concern is how long it will take to see real results and if consuming so much fat reflect on my blood work. I don't have any problems or suffer from anything other than being obese, but I really need to make a change in my life. To anyone that can offer their advice it would be really appreciated. I plan to write often to update my results, hope all goes well.

Your location: Lima, Peru

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Beginning, will be totally primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but quitting.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but quitting.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Obesity, lack of energy, lifestyle change

Favorite exercise: walking, squats, pushups.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet, hope it works.

Worst part about being Primal: No sweets, will be a major challenge for me.

Regards,

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Hi. I am new too and just feeling things out with this paleo/primal thing. I can't offer much except for a friendly welcome and good luck! It looks like, from other people's posts that they are starting to feel much more energy between 2-4 weeks after starting. All the best in your journey!
    Amanda

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on joining! Work on being primal, try not to cheat and all will be well.
    I had my blood test done last year a while before going primal - it was not of the best with high holesterol and very low iron levels. Did another one after 5 months primal. This one showed perfect iron and slightly higher "good" holesterol. Also I noticed here on the forum that the holesterol norm for women is actually higher than for men but it is not mentioned on result sheets. Plus the American norm is higher than European. So actually I am within American norm. Just a month ago (10 months into primal) I had a surgery, had blood test before and 3 times after, they were more than perfect. Especially the ones "after" were a surprise for the doc - as good as if I never had any problem, certainly better than most non-primal people have "before".