Thread: FCLO- How do YOU take it? page

NewGrayMare is offline Member

FCLO- How do YOU take it?

Primal Fuel
    I've been taking my fermented cod liver oil almost daily for a month now. The taste is... Hard to get used to. At first, I started taking it by squirting a syringe of it into my mouth. That worked okay until the syringe broke, squirting sticky, fishy goodness all over my face. When taken with milk, the FCLO turns the delicious cow nectar into a piscene flavored abomination. Hot green tea with honey and apple cider vinegar works better at getting the taste out. By far the best thing I've found for taking it is orange juice. I don't even get fishy burps when I take it with orange juice! However, I am concerned about the amount of sugar I'm getting from the orange juice and would like to find something else that cuts the taste without the dreaded insulin reaction.

My inquiring mind demands to know, how do you take FCLO? And if you don't, then why aren't you? It's good! Go order some! After all, my miserable taste buds demand the knowledge that they don't suffer alone

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't take it, but I would like to know where you buy yours. I have been reading the Weston Price website here and there and already know that regular fish oils do my family a world of good, so this is on my radar. I, too, live in the Buckeye State.

Timthetaco Guest
    I take it with a side of fuck no.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    this
    nihil

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    ^This
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    my husband just takes it as a straight shot (in a little shot glass type thingy), and my son has it on his berries and yogurt (and LOVES it).

I don't consume it myself. Just can't bring myself to do that.

NewGrayMare is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I don't take it, but I would like to know where you buy yours. I have been reading the Weston Price website here and there and already know that regular fish oils do my family a world of good, so this is on my radar. I, too, live in the Buckeye State.
    Nowhere around me carries it, so I have to order it online. You can order it from Greenpasture.org, which is the direct source for the best fermented cod liver oil. I usually order mine from PerfectSuppliments because I can use the coupon code Loyal10 and save 10 percent. That 10% just about covers shipping.

Honestly, it if weren't for my goal of healing cavities, I wouldn't take it either. However, considering that I could pay the dentist $1400 to drill bigger holes in my teeth and fill them with toxic junk or I could take a foul-tasting, fishy oil on a daily basis for a few months, I'd rather take the FCLO. Besides, I've noticed a lot more energy, stronger nails, fuller hair, and generally better mood since taking it. I like the results, so I just might keep taking it after the cavities are gone!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't take it but I do eat salmon, including lox on a very regular basis.

I'm a get it over with quickly kind of person, so I'd probably just put it on a spoon, put the spoon as far back as I could and swallow trying to avoid getting any of it near any of my tastebuds. If you can find a tiny little baster (like a turkey baster but tiny), that might last longer than your syringe did.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Zach is offline Banned
    Buy the Green Pastures brand. Not only is it the best on the market but its a gel that has added stuff so it tastes ok.

Also orange juice is incredibly good for you and will not cause a massive insuline spike.

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Green Pastures Capsules. 'Cause I'm a FCLO wuss.