Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an animal or animal part you wouldn't eat? page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Is there an animal or animal part you wouldn't eat?

Primal Fuel
    Even if it was given away free?

For me it's scallops (makes me gag). And blood (which just makes me a big baby).

What about you all?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    I'll eat every part of a pig but the oink.

So, I guess no.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't care for kidney, and tripe needs to be cleaned WELL. Beyond that, it's all good, and I can find a way to make it palatable.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Horns and hooves would be pretty hard to chew I expect, other than that i'm game to try most any bit at least once and haven't found any bits in the butchers I don't like.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i don't like kidneys, but i'll eat them. actually, i lived in the middle east for a few years, and i can say in absolute honesty that i've eaten everything on a sheep but the fur.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    eyeballs :|

and maybe balls-balls
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    For some reason Balut really doesn't seem Kosher to me.

One of my regular grocery stores sells sheep testicles. I think they were sheep. Maybe beef. Definitely halal. But they aren't grass fed organic so I ain't touchin' em.

Honestly there's a lot of stuff like that. Most of it is OK when I try it, but not great. I've had blood sausage and it was OK. I've had the basic heart/liver/stomach type offal but I don't line up for them. The most prosaic, and uniformly the worst for me, is simply animal fat. Blubber or whatever you want to call it. Fatty tissue without any muscle. The mouth feel, etc. has caused me to gag and literally vomit on multiple occasions so now if if I bite into what I think will be meat and it gives like fat I quickly spit it out. I'm OK with marbled meat to a point, but warm fat just ain't happening.

Love scallops though.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's weird, I love shellfish mostly. I was eating raw clams on my grandma's knee. Something about scallops.

I had a friend who was married to a native American and she said his family never wasted anything on an animal. Kidding around, I asked her what they did with the asshole. She never missed a beat. Said they played poker for it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I probably wouldn't eat testicles/urinary and defecatory organs for the ick factor, and avoid eating brains because of the risks of eating prions that cause spongiform encephalopathy.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

johnmjoy is offline Member
    Fellow primates.

And I have a (what's surely entirely irrational) irrational thing against bugs, though sea bugs (e.g. lobster) don't bother me a bit.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast