Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do with xmas turkey? page 2

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Turkey+brie+cranberry sauce wrapped in a lettuce leaf.

As I was sorting out left overs I noticed some beautiful gelatine at the bottom of the serving dish, so I have scooped that up added some boiling water and salt and drank that. Lazy broth.
    Life. Be in it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    Lazy broth.
    Ugh, that sounds amazing. I wish we'd had turkey so I could do this.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cariboo87 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Ugh, that sounds amazing. I wish we'd had turkey so I could do this.
    how does one make a paleo broth?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo87 View Post
    how does one make a paleo broth?
    Basic bone broth: put bones of some kind of animal in a stock pot, fill with water, keep on low heat for extended period of time. Add a little apple cider vinegar to break the bones down a bit.

You can add veggies to make it a stock, but all the solids get filtered out after (with cheese cloth). Some people roast the bones first for flavor, especially if you're using something with tasty marrow (like large beef bones). You can keep it really simple, or basically cook a soup for a long period of time, until all the nutrients from the solids have been extracted into the broth. Seasoning is optional, but I always add salt. Saving pan drippings is also a great addition to a broth stock, which is basically what Belforte was talking about.

With a pressure cooker: Quick Pressure Cooker Bone Broth | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cariboo87 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Basic bone broth: put bones of some kind of animal in a stock pot, fill with water, keep on low heat for extended period of time. Add a little apple cider vinegar to break the bones down a bit.

You can add veggies to make it a stock, but all the solids get filtered out after (with cheese cloth). Some people roast the bones first for flavor, especially if you're using something with tasty marrow (like large beef bones). You can keep it really simple, or basically cook a soup for a long period of time, until all the nutrients from the solids have been extracted into the broth. Seasoning is optional, but I always add salt. Saving pan drippings is also a great addition to a broth stock, which is basically what Belforte was talking about.

With a pressure cooker: Quick Pressure Cooker Bone Broth | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo
    awesome thank you very much for that!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12