Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The obesity asylum page 15

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you're obviously too ignorant and immature to understand a thought experiment, neckhammer

*tap dances out*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I would love an island paradise being fed healthy food with no temptations.

It would be interesting to see what happened.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yeah, whatever, blah, blah...
    Point proved

And become cannibals and all that? Yeah, you are not the first on this thread to insinuate that obese people will not behave civilized! What do you think happened in similar controlled real life experiments on more extreme fasting then? Don't let your morbid fantasy overshadow clear thinking, just saying...
    Ahh sweetie, contain your excitement. I mentioned neither obesity nor cannibals. Basic primate (mammalian? vertebrate?) psychology is not "clear thinking" to you then? Mkay. Have fun out there.

I just love that we can put our bigotry into the form of a "thought experiment" and that makes it okay!

Imagine if we put all pregnant inner city women on an island and forced them to have abortions, would it decrease the amount of crime in the inner city in 16 years (the average age of inner city youth commiting their first crime)? Would it cause a small decrease in the amount of welfare applications in 18 years?

Imagine if we made all Jews live on $18,000 a year. Would they adapt? Would they go mad? Would they no longer control Hollywood?

Imagine if we put all gays in isolation with only members of the opposite sex? Would they become straight?

Imagine if we put all sociopaths in a room, forced to watch nothing other than that Sarah McLachlan commercial about the ASPCA, would they finally show compassion?

Your thought experiment is just your own self-important fantasy. Because what you are proposing (starvation diet) has already been done countless times, you simply added a sadistic twist and tried to mask it as something smart. I have lots of hate, but I don't promote it as an experiment, I let it free to engulf all those around me and increase my metabolic rate.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    it warms the heart to see so many people from all walks of life come together

to stand as one

(mostly)

to say that this is a bad 'thought experiment', in the face of 'you're too ignorant to understand what i'm saying!'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    , in the face of 'you're too ignorant to understand what i'm saying!'
    That is what kills me about so many threads on this forum. Ultimately, the response from many is "you just aren't intelligent enough to understand the position my big brain has taken. Look at all of these links I have posted, I am wise." Anyone who makes a valid argument can do so without providing 20 pages of back-up material, which hardly serves to back anything up most of the time. I believe the earth is flat, I can prove it by posting this link to a fantastic recipe for pork carnitas.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    I have lots of hate, but I don't promote it as an experiment, I let it free to engulf all those around me and increase my metabolic rate.
    I loved your whole post but this sentence made me spit on my screen in laughter. Would you like a spoon full of sugar to go with that?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post

Imagine if we put all pregnant inner city women on an island and forced them to have abortions, would it decrease the amount of crime in the inner city in 16 years (the average age of inner city youth commiting their first crime)? Would it cause a small decrease in the amount of welfare applications in 18 years?
    NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FORCED ABORTIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING COMMENT

Not forced abortions (except, I am sure, in some individual cases due to whacked out relationships) but, yes, the crime rate did go down 16-18 years after abortion became legal in this country. Fewer children brought up in situations where they were not wanted led to fewer people in the situations where crime is almost a given.

Also, isn't most bigotry, and certainly in the cases of gays, and probably sociopaths, against a condition that cannot be changed? This assumes Jewish as a chosen religion, not as a 'race' which I know not all do. Pregnancy, of course, is temporary.

Obesity is a complex situation. I fear too many people feel that obese people could just lose weight if they wanted to, where most(I would like to say all, but sadly, not able to) of we on MDA know it is not that simple.

I think people have really taken Gorbag's original idea and twisted it. Maybe he didn't phrase it as well as he could have, but who among us doesn't do that sometime? I am sure sentences in my post can be twisted around, due to my not being as precise as all would like.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    There is a literal ass load of PSMF research literature out there... Done on the overweight, obese, and even morbidly obese... read some maybe?
    This experiment has been done, minus the drama and the length. PSMF it seems is most certainly NOT healthy done long term and is generally used in cycles even when monitored by medical staff.

Also... Gorbag, your writing style with all of the exclamations and ending sentences in multiple question marks (in serious conversation!?) makes you seem if not in the throws of mania then at least on the verge of manic, and lends much less credence to your posts.
    Clean it up man.

Simple things: like using the language "they would" when referring to what might happen to the test subjects instead of "they will" also makes it sound way less douche-baggy and more hypothetical (i.e. less like something you want to try and recreate in your basement or some creepy abandoned factory building).
    Last edited by cori93437; 12-30-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    As to the vitamins...the point was micronutrients are an important factor in health of the organism. They may not contain a caloric load, but our bodies are NOT calorometers. We are biological entities and changes in micronutrient composition will change our metabolic and hormonal functions.
    I still don't get it! Do you mean that more vitamins and micronutrients are needed than what comes in the green vegetables, lean protein, fish oil, broth and the extra multivitamin tablet? And all antioxidants in coffee and tea etc. Also remember that large amounts of fat soluble vitamins may be stored in the bodyfat of the participants. So I don't quite see your concerns here?

Will everyone lose weight? Sure should. That has never been the real question though has it? Who wants to lose weight at the expense of health and quality of life?
    So going from a "healthy" very obese person to a much leaner and in your view "unhealthy" person is the scenario you find must likely for most of the participants? Why is this so much more worse than those that did a pure waterfast in real life then?

If I haven't stuck to your rules....well too bad. You can't decide to confine peoples responses just because you wish to simplify an exceedingly complicated issue.
    "Exceedingly complicated issue"? Hmmm, you are sure that you are not overcomplicating things here?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast