Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The obesity asylum page 11

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Gorbag - I'm loving the original intent of this thread. Sorry it got so convoluted. I love these thought experiments. For instance, let's feed your captive population through a feeding tube consisting of 2000kcal of the exact same thing. I'd bet some end up skinny, some fat, some just right. Then tweak the macros and total kcal. It just tells me that everyone's different.

It has to be frustrating for someone like Mark Sisson, who came up with a good, generalized eating and fitness plan. You know the first person to comment was a post-menopausal, hypothyroid, PCOS, eating-disordered type saying the Primal Blueprint didn't work.

There are about as many hormonal statuses as there are people. How well does PB work for a 50 year old Low T man?

Anyway, good try at a decent thread.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Gorbag - I'm loving the original intent of this thread. Sorry it got so convoluted. I love these thought experiments. For instance, let's feed your captive population through a feeding tube consisting of 2000kcal of the exact same thing. I'd bet some end up skinny, some fat, some just right. Then tweak the macros and total kcal. It just tells me that everyone's different.
    Everyone's different, but there are some common underlying principles as well, that's what I think anyhow...

It has to be frustrating for someone like Mark Sisson, who came up with a good, generalized eating and fitness plan. You know the first person to comment was a post-menopausal, hypothyroid, PCOS, eating-disordered type saying the Primal Blueprint didn't work.
    And PB works, because the principles are sound! Most people starting out overweight and on a typical SAD diet will lose weight, being more healthy, even without counting calories! But sooner or later they will stall and the diet must be modificated or physical activities increased etc., but Marks general principles are very sound and healthy IMO.

Anyway, good try at a decent thread.
    Thank you! so you don't think I am some "crypto-nazi" with an hidden agenda to put obese people into consentration camps then?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i don't think i've ever seen any woman with pcos say that primal doesn't work, me included o.O
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I guess so! Your reference is somehow relevant, but have they tried out a very low calorie diet on those obese convicts?
    There was a story recently about an obese convict who said he could not be put to death because he was too fat. He was on death row. Death row inmates are not put to death the week after the penalty has been assigned.

He was in jail. Prison food probably made him fatter.

Morbidly obese people are not overeating because they are unable to control themselves. They are suffering from cellular starvation.

There have been cases where obese patients have not been fed and have still gained weight. It is not a simple problem.

Paleobird Guest
    You know the first person to comment was a post-menopausal, hypothyroid, PCOS, eating-disordered type saying the Primal Blueprint didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't think i've ever seen any woman with pcos say that primal doesn't work, me included o.O
    Otzi, that was a cheap shot dude. As Grandma would say, "Lower than a snake's hips". IMO, you owe bloodorchid an apology.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Otzi, that was a cheap shot dude. As Grandma would say, "Lower than a snake's hips". IMO, you owe bloodorchid an apology.
    Sorry, all! That wasn't directed at anyone, just wanted to highlight the many, serious and real conditions that can foil a diet attempt. I could have just as easily (and maybe should have) said a "pre-diabetic, hypothyroid, fatty-livered, man with diverticulosis".

It's like when people say "ketogenic diets suck" and Paleobird says "no they don't" who's right here?

Someone once said: "your broke isn't my broke" Truer words never uttered!

thank you paleobird

and i'm glad you didn't mean me, i stuck up for your potatoes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Paleobird Guest
    Potatoes suck!

too many will suck for my pcos for sure
    beautiful
    yeah you are

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Thought experiment my ass.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast