Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Thinking like a caveman, is it even possible? page 11

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Uh...

Dry season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The rain belt reaches roughly as far north as the Tropic of Cancer and as far south as the Tropic of Capricorn. Near these latitudes, there is one wet season and one dry season annually. On the equator, there are two wet and two dry seasons as the rain belt passes over twice a year, once moving north and once moving south. Between the tropics and the equator, locations may experience a short wet and a long wet season."

So between the tropics, the wet vs. dry phenomenon is pretty universal. It might be slightly different lengths for different areas, but they ALL have it.
    Sorry, I should have clarified this. This was in response to the statement that fruit couldn't be available all year long raised by bloodorchid. Fruits do not need constant wet season. The climate on the equator is much different than just typical sub-tropical wet/dry season. Calling it dry season does not exclude availabilty of fruits. I am only talking about equatorial parts of the world.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified this. This was in response to the statement that fruit couldn't be available all year long raised by bloodorchid. Fruits do not need constant wet season. The climate on the equator is much different than just typical sub-tropical wet/dry season. Calling it dry season does not exclude availabilty of fruits. I am only talking about equatorial parts of the world.
    And as I pointed out, even if the plants were still able to grow, flooding/other weather events that happen due to climactic or seasonal weather changes make collecting them extremely difficult. This changes their diets because the native know that even if they can still gain access to the foods, they will prefer the foods that are easiest to get access to (such as fish when it floods) rather than go out of their way to search for foods that take great journeys and expeditions to locate during certain seasons.

Grok was smart enough to prefer what was readily available to him or her. Even if they could get access to other foods, they wouldn't have bothered if the reward vs. effort was too small. This alone can cause seasonal dietary changes.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011