Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 9

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Started this morning. Boiled and mashed redskins with bone broth added. Hot for B, will reheat for lunch. Peeing like a racehorse already as I shed New Years water weight. I put on 4.5 lbs overnight on NY eve, and it's mostly stuck around for the last 2 days. Good riddance to it!!

In other news, returned to Y last night and walked/ran some sprints on the indoor track, then walked a steep incline on a treadmill. Total about 40 mins. First return to workout in months - felt good. But man, am I ever out of shape!!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WJS View Post
    I am on my second day of potatoes and so far so good but need some advice please. Can anyone tell me if drinking diet 7up and chewing sugar free gum would be ok on the PHD.
    I doubt they will hinder weightloss on PHD or potato-based diet, but I think they are two terrible habits that should be stopped in general. Just my opinion.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Started this morning. Boiled and mashed redskins with bone broth added. Hot for B, will reheat for lunch. Peeing like a racehorse already as I shed New Years water weight. I put on 4.5 lbs overnight on NY eve, and it's mostly stuck around for the last 2 days. Good riddance to it!!

In other news, returned to Y last night and walked/ran some sprints on the indoor track, then walked a steep incline on a treadmill. Total about 40 mins. First return to workout in months - felt good. But man, am I ever out of shape!!
    Cool you got a place to go exercise--keep it up! I know what you mean about 'feels good'. Have fun with the potatoes!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I LOVE taro!!! They're one of my favorite foods! You can get them at Asian grocery stores, and they are delicious! They taste better than potatoes. Do you think this potato hack thing will work with taros???
    I'd love to find out. How do you cook a taro?

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 continued - I ate the 12 oz boiled potatoes around 5pm, went to the gym at 6pm. I was 141 after the workout. i wasn't hungry when I got home at 8pm, then felt like I was starving around bedtime. I ate a handful of veggie chips (sweet potato, taro, kabocha, carrots, green beans), had some tea and went to bed.

Day 5 (today): 140lbs. I woke up starving. I had two cold, boiled yukon golds for breakfast. I just had some roasted nori and will have another potato and some herbal tea in a sec.

George Foreman grill hash browns. Thus far, I've just shredded the potatoes (~1/2 lb), mixed in a 1/2 tsp oil, dropped a clump on the grill and let it cook 8 mins. I use the little spatula to flip it over (it sticks together) and cook a couple mins more. I get 2-3 patties from the one potato. It's crispy on the outside and sort of gummy on the inside. I don't like the gumminess, so next time I'll either squeeze out some of the liquid before cooking, or rinse and do the same. Cleanup of the grill is a snap.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimina View Post
    George Foreman grill hash browns. Thus far, I've just shredded the potatoes (~1/2 lb), mixed in a 1/2 tsp oil, dropped a clump on the grill and let it cook 8 mins. I use the little spatula to flip it over (it sticks together) and cook a couple mins more. I get 2-3 patties from the one potato. It's crispy on the outside and sort of gummy on the inside. I don't like the gumminess, so next time I'll either squeeze out some of the liquid before cooking, or rinse and do the same. Cleanup of the grill is a snap.
    If you put the raw shreds in a strainer and run hot water over them for a few seconds, it makes them fry up dryer. Although, that gummy starch is part of the 'magic' of the potato diet. Here's another tip--when you are preparing your potatoes, eat a couple of raw slices...almost pure resistant starch. They are pretty good, especially with a sprinkle of salt.

dropped a clump on the grill and let it cook 8 mins.
    I forgot to add that I closed the grill.

Here's another tip--when you are preparing your potatoes, eat a couple of raw slices...almost pure resistant starch. They are pretty good, especially with a sprinkle of salt.
    I'll let you know if I do. I tried raw beef liver last week. It wasn't bad. How much worse can raw potatoes be?

WJS
    WJS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I doubt they will hinder weightloss on PHD or potato-based diet, but I think they are two terrible habits that should be stopped in general. Just my opinion.

Thank you Otzi. I know I shouldn't because of the artificiall sweetener but it may help me through the time. I would like to do it for two weeks and an occasionall treat of diet 7up and sugar free gum may make it easier. Thank you again, it is good to know it wouldn't hurt my losses.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've eaten raw potato slices as a treat/snack since I was a kid. Lately, I've carried raw potatoes around for a between meal snack. Had a little Ruby Gem with coffee this morning, more to satisfy a crunch desire than because of any hunger. Just ate about 2 1/2 cups mashed for lunch. I'm stuffed right now.

Thanks for the hash browns directions. I'm going to try them for supper tonight for both hubby and I (he'll have some meat with his).

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast