Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 6

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    But I'm not bitter, nope, not me.

~Anonymous
    Oh well that's good

I had to break today. Well actually I caved last night. Had some liver. And now I have some produce that I need to use up that I can't freeze. I need to plan this better. Like go to the store, get produce. Eat on it for a few days and then when that is gone, then do tators a few days before I go back for more produce. Unlike I did this time, which was load up on fresh fruits and veggies and start Tator Days.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    When you read about how cows and gorilla turn grass and leaves into fat, you will understand why you are in ketosis eating just potatoes! You are actually eating a Cannibalistic/High Fat diet!
    Otzi, I'm finding the resistant starch aspect of this fascinating. It's making more sense now why Ray Cronise said not to add fat as a different mechanism occurs. I wonder if adding extra fat stops the body converting the starch to fat, and that it can only do that in the absense of added fat?
    I too end up in ketosis ( started at about day 7 for me). I hated the metallic taste in my mouth, that would go away when eating and be back about 2-4 hours later)

I did the 14 day hack and lost 8lbs, had zero cravings and my experience is like the rest, no desire to binge at all. ( I have been trying to lose weight for ages with zero success)

Another 2 weeks has gone by and I have lost another 6 pounds for a total over all for the month of 14 pounds.
    I find potatos have been a fantastic tool for me. Over Christmas with the extra food, I had a couple of potato meals and found that I was able to maintain rather than add on the pounds like I have every other Christmas.

Mamagrok, give it a try, even if potatos make you crave just eat more of those, ( Otzi has loads of wonderful ways to cook them) and see how you go. It helped me that potatos were all I could eat, the first couple of days are the worst, after day 3 it all settles, the appetite and cravings disappear and its just plain sailing from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    Another 2 weeks has gone by and I have lost another 6 pounds for a total over all for the month of 14 pounds.
    That is fantastic!!!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    Otzi, I'm finding the resistant starch aspect of this fascinating. It's making more sense now why Ray Cronise said not to add fat as a different mechanism occurs. I wonder if adding extra fat stops the body converting the starch to fat, and that it can only do that in the absense of added fat?
    Nice to hear from you. Ray has been very quiet past few months. Have you read the new Perfect Health Diet book? I hear it is due for Australian release this week. Toward a Happy, PHD-in-the-Mainstream New Year | Perfect Health Diet

I like the PHD approach much better than the vegetarian style Ray is coming from.

Congrats on your progress!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    OOOh! Can't wait! I received Perfect Health diet book for Christmas from my son and it is supposed to deliver in mid-January.

Looking forward to spud-days on Wed-Friday this week.

WillRunForChocolate is offline Junior Member
    Day 5 and I am down another .8 pounds. This is awesome!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate View Post
    Day 5 and I am down another .8 pounds. This is awesome!
    Morning of 5th day for me, too. Started at 175 now 166. I was at 165 before Thanksgiving, so I am closing in fast on my goal to hit 165 before New Years!

WillRunForChocolate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Morning of 5th day for me, too. Started at 175 now 166. I was at 165 before Thanksgiving, so I am closing in fast on my goal to hit 165 before New Years!
    Awesome! I am at my pre-Christmas weight but I may keep going another day or two in order to give me a bit of wiggle room.

When you've done this in past did you jump right in to normal eating or ease in slowly??

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate View Post
    Awesome! I am at my pre-Christmas weight but I may keep going another day or two in order to give me a bit of wiggle room.

When you've done this in past did you jump right in to normal eating or ease in slowly??
    I jump right back to where I was, but always find I am a bit more mindful of things I am eating out of habit/desire rather than eating for nourishment. I find myself asking me if those almonds and dark chocolate are really needed.

I always lose 1-2 pounds for 3-4 days afterwards and then usually regain 1-2 pounds, ending up with a net loss that is very pleasing.

I think a 7 day potato reset is very do-able and hope more people try it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fantastic job!

I am giving it a full go after the first of the year. Not that I am just putting it off or that I am going to eat crappy, just the opposite actually. (I dont eat crappy much anyways, but Christmas did find me eating things that I havent for a long time, and tomorrow night might also ) but anyways, I normally don't eat anything crappy but I am waiting because I have some fruit and some veggies to use up yet.

And today, was on off tator day. But guess what I just had? Yes, red tator in some bone broth. It was all I could think of to eat, or that I wanted to eat. I think that is my new go to comfort food thing. My broth is thick, bones & veggies ground up, so it is just so tasty and filling. And easy! Love the quick and easy.

OH I forgot, I had hash browns with my eggs and salmon at my first meal today also!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast