Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 5

Ouis is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Otzi--I totally feel ketotic eating taters. I get that metal mouth taste and I the same lack of appetite. So weird!!! All I can think is that the big glucose spike is dealt with more efficiently by insulin mobilizing free fatty acids, resulting in a ketotic state!

It may indeed be the resistant starch that is so beneficial. All I know is I never ever felt this well eating LC. Especially the no cravings thang. AND--If I happen to go off the rails, like at Christmas--a tater day or so just takes care of the problem without the pain that I experienced on LC (7 lb gain, LC Flu, etc).

WillRunForChocolate is offline Junior Member
    Day 4 for me and I am down another .8 pounds. I am thrilled! My family is making fun of me with potato jokes, but I am within a day or two of fitting back into my skinny jeans, so ha! Energy has been fine and I was able to do a killer weight workout last night.

I just bought The Perfect Health Diet on kindle yesterday and so far it is an amazing read. I will definitely follow those dietary guidelines once I stop this tater diet. When I was doing strict paleo I think white potatoes were one of the foods I missed most. Glad to see they can be part of a healthy food plan.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate View Post
    I just bought The Perfect Health Diet on kindle yesterday and so far it is an amazing read.
    When you read about how cows and gorilla turn grass and leaves into fat, you will understand why you are in ketosis eating just potatoes! You are actually eating a Cannibalistic/High Fat diet!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Potato Fast? Otzi, have you lost your mind? Lol. Glad you put in your #9 in the "rules." Potatoes make me crave crave crave.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I was going to keep your super-secret thread going, but when they start getting so long people just jump to the end and miss a lot. There needs to be a 20 page rule or something...
    Oh I didn't mean start the THREAD without me (anyone can do that, heck if I care!), I meant start the CHALLENGE!

Looks like everything is going swimmingly and you're doing great.

Keep up the good work!

Julie

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Potato Fast? Otzi, have you lost your mind? Lol. Glad you put in your #9 in the "rules." Potatoes make me crave crave crave.
    That's strange they potatoes would give someone the urge to binge, but I remember you had big problems in that area, so good that you know yourself! You have gotten me in trouble twice now with my wife...last summer see saw me talking to a hot blond in a cheerleader outfit, and just now she saw your new pic and says 'another one of your hot girlfriends?'. Ha!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Oh I didn't mean start the THREAD without me (anyone can do that, heck if I care!), I meant start the CHALLENGE!

Looks like everything is going swimmingly and you're doing great.

Keep up the good work!

Julie
    I figured you were 'potatoed-out' by now!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hee hee my husband won't leave me alone these days, thanks to Mark & Jack and the inspiration of so many people like you!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

WJS
    WJS is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the replies. So happy to hear I won't be the only binger trying the PHD, just hope it works as well for me and I can keep my binging in check once back to non potato eating.

Ouis, the thread you posted on JUDDD brought me here so will be giving it a go, thank you. Fingers firmly crossed because sadly I have a lot more to lose now!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I figured you were 'potatoed-out' by now!
    Oh hells to the no! - I just can't do anything about it because everyone is STILL
    HOME ALL DAY LONG.

I have my $4.00 25lb bag of potatoes waiting for me, in the dark, when I finally get
    one single second to MYSELF without stupid jackass questions and judgement abounding.

So freaking annoying.

Just mind your own damn business and eat whatever the hell you want. You're going to ANYWAY,
    RIGHT?

What does what *I* eat have to do with you, anyway?

But I'm not bitter, nope, not me.

~Anonymous

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast