Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 3

EpicDreamer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I started 7 days of spuds today! I ate 1 boiled potato with salt, pepper and vinegar. It was pretty tasty! I'm baking some potatoes in the oven for later.

I should be able to drink green tea, right? Was there any consensus on whether sweet potatoes work just as well as white potatoes? Or if a bowl of rice once in a while is ok?
    Last edited by EpicDreamer; 02-13-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I am only doing three days. I have been reasonably good over the holidays but instead of non-primal treats we have indulged more in nuts and cheeses. I was up 2.5 pounds which doesn't sound like much but I am determined to stay at 145 or less after losing about 55 pounds this year. Day one I lost one pound. Today I was down a half pound so I am back to 146. Tomorrow I have a houseful of company and will eat normal primal food. I have been doing two meals of white potato and one meal of sweet potato with cinnamon. It's nice to have the sweet potato for variation.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDreamer View Post
    I should be able to drink green tea, right? Was there any consensus on whether sweet potatoes work just as well as white potatoes? Or if a bowl of rice once in a while is ok?
    Green tea is fine. Sweet potatoes and rice are kind of iffy--some do OK, others not. Something to do with satiety I believe...

Here are the general guidelines:

1. Plan on eating mostly potatoes for 5-7 days (90%+ of calories)
    2. Eat between 2 and 4lbs of potatoes daily.
    3. Other foods allowed (but optional!): 1/2 cup sauerkraut, 1 cup bone broth, 1 tsp max daily coconut oil, olive oil, or butter,
    1-2oz lean meat daily. Unlimited coffee, tea, and water.
    4. Spices, salt, pepper, and vinegar OK.
    5. Lifting of Heavy Things discouraged, think ‘de-load week’ Lifting light things/walking OK.
    6. All normal supplements OK to continue
    7. IF’ing, especially by skipping breakfast encouraged.
    8. If you need to lose more weight, alternate the “Potato Reset” diet with healthy Primal Blueprint in 5-7 day increments.
    9. Not recommended for people who eat every 2-3 hours, have glucose issues, or have eating disorders.
    10. Highly recommended for people who have their hunger under control, have been eating PB style for 6 months or more, and are having trouble losing weight with the normal approaches.

otzi Guest
    Morning of Day 3, started at a very bloated 175, now at 169.

Eating all cold potatoes. None heated yet! I chop them up in a bowl with salt, pepper, and vinegar. Skipping breakfast, except coffee. Staying unbelievably full. Doing [less than usual] chinups, pushups, squats and walking 3+ miles a day.

WillRunForChocolate is offline Junior Member
    Morning of day 3 and I am down another 2.2 pounds for a total of 4. I am thrilled, especially since I don't have a ton to lose at the moment. Start weight 127 and my goal is 120.

Yesterday I ate the waffle iron hash browns three times, plus a nuked sweet potato. I have become extremely aware of how often I used to eat "just because." This is a good exercise in listening to my body's hunger signals.

Cheers!

EpicDreamer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Green tea is fine. Sweet potatoes and rice are kind of iffy--some do OK, others not. Something to do with satiety I believe...

Here are the general guidelines:
    Thanks... that's very helpful!

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    This is interesting. I may do this the week after New Year's!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Hey otzi, my friend who lost 35 lbs doing this in the fall really loves you (named her new pup otzi, lol) She's strictly primal now and says she's so happy with her new figure, but what's so great is that she knows if she does eat too much and/or doesn't exercise enough, she can jump back on the potato wagon and the lbs will drop back off. Her husband thanked me recently for telling her about it.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Hey otzi, my friend who lost 35 lbs doing this in the fall really loves you (named her new pup otzi, lol) She's strictly primal now and says she's so happy with her new figure, but what's so great is that she knows if she does eat too much and/or doesn't exercise enough, she can jump back on the potato wagon and the lbs will drop back off. Her husband thanked me recently for telling her about it.
    Thanks for the feedback. It's kind of funny, people on the forum either hate it or love it. The ones that try it mostly love it. In my real life, I have gotten about 15 people to try it--all of them love it. It makes really good sense, to me anyway. It's not a way of life, eating only potatoes, but a thing you can easily work into your life. A tool in the toolbox for weight control.

I used to be deathly afraid of gaining any weight back. I know it hurt my work-outs because I wasn't eating good enough to grow muscles. Now that I'm not afraid to gain a few pounds back I can try some experiments and if it doesn't work, I know how to lose the weight quickly.

My long-range plan is to eat sensibly and do bodyweight stuff the rest of the winter, and in spring start chowing down and hitting the weights. I'd like to put on 5-10lbs of new muscle next summer while eating tons of fruit, cheese, and fresh caught fish.

Glad it worked for your friend!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Hey otzi, my friend who lost 35 lbs doing this in the fall really loves you (named her new pup otzi, lol)
    Isn't that awesome!!

I have been on a cold tator day. Well for the most part. My daughter was playing Betty Crocker and baked some cookies, to which I had one. I had her take all the rest away though.

When I boiled my tators yesterday, reds, I boiled them whole in their skins, along with 3 or 4 smashed garlic cloves. That is a nice subtle little taste change.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast