Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 2

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eh, while I love potatoes... I could see myself eating entirely too many... I mean, my half-brother grew up with my mom feating him pretty much only potatoes as they were cheap and it was all she could afford (13 year difference between us) and I grew up with a lot of meat but with us still going through several bags of potatoes a week growing up. I can sit down and eat 4-5 decent sized potatoes in a sitting baked, and growing up I'd eat raw potato slices with just a bit of salt all the time.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

otzi Guest
    Day 2 and down to 171lbs, down 4 pounds from yesterday! I know this is all water weight, but what's interesting is that yesterday eating just potatoes, I pee'd like a racehorse all day. I've never experienced that before.

I remember someone talking about the potato's sodium : potassium ratios being favorable for reducing inflammation, so maybe that's it.

Also, I am taking to liking raw potato. Gives you that 'crunch' that's missing when eating spuds.

WillRunForChocolate is offline Junior Member
    Joining you on the post-holiday reset! Today is day 2 and I'm down 1.8 pounds. Yesterday I ate about 1-3/4 pounds of white potatoes and 3/4 pound sweet potatoes. I was not ravenous but I could have eaten more.

This morning I tried the hash browns made in a waffle maker (I used my George Foreman grill) that I saw on an earlier thread. Yum! I think that will be lunch as well and maybe sweet taters for dinner.

Happy eating!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Otzi, not sure if it was you that pointed out the microwave potato chip maker/dehydrator in the other thread, but I wanted to let you know that I put it on my list and got one for Christmas. It makes great chips, though the mandolin that comes with it is cheap, the guard is pretty useless and I sliced open my thumb on the very first potato I did.

And I have owned a good German-made mandolin for years and know how to use one...

Anyways, nice crispy thin chips. Nothing but potato. Fits in the plan.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh! How dare you start this without me!

That's it, Otzi, WE'RE IN A FIGHT!

Well, not really. Hmph.

MIL is still here so I won't be able to experiment for a bit, but I'll be
    watching with gusto.

Sorry about your finger Martha

Carry on Potato Guinea Pigs!

Julie

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, I always make sweet potato chips, dunno why I haven't done any white ones. Gotta try.

I think my horrid digestive storm last time I tried the potatoes was because this batch of potatoes has the green coating on it from the exposure to the sun. I have peeled it back before eating the potatoes from this batch for our meals and so far nobody complained, including myself.

I am not planning to do potatoes only until I am back to normal routine in January. I am thinking to start on January the 8th and go for a week. My goal is to adapt to a simpler diet and limit fructose, so i think satiating for starch like this and continuing with higher intake of starch will be beneficial.

Good luck, folks!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Ooooh! How dare you start this without me!
    I was going to keep your super-secret thread going, but when they start getting so long people just jump to the end and miss a lot. There needs to be a 20 page rule or something...

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Otzi, not sure if it was you that pointed out the microwave potato chip maker/dehydrator in the other thread, but I wanted to let you know that I put it on my list and got one for Christmas. It makes great chips, though the mandolin that comes with it is cheap, the guard is pretty useless and I sliced open my thumb on the very first potato I did.

And I have owned a good German-made mandolin for years and know how to use one...

Anyways, nice crispy thin chips. Nothing but potato. Fits in the plan.
    I have one in my Amazon Wish List...need to order it!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate View Post
    Joining you on the post-holiday reset! Today is day 2 and I'm down 1.8 pounds. Yesterday I ate about 1-3/4 pounds of white potatoes and 3/4 pound sweet potatoes. I was not ravenous but I could have eaten more.

This morning I tried the hash browns made in a waffle maker (I used my George Foreman grill) that I saw on an earlier thread. Yum! I think that will be lunch as well and maybe sweet taters for dinner.

Happy eating!
    Stick to mainly potatoes for best results. If you really get to 'jones-ing' for some other food, eat some low-fat protein or some plain, steamed veggies. It seems the only thing that will really de-rail your potato efforts is adding fat. A few pieces of lean ham or turkey, bone broth, liver, etc... are useful to get you over the hump especially the first few days.

Good luck!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ok, I am inspired to go another day... or try
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast