Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days of Spuds...Post-Holidays Potato Reset Project page 11

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    For some reason, this had me guffawing so loudly even the children ran in: "Mommy! What's so funny?"
    Haha! Glad I could make you laugh.

I'm on the fourth day of potatoes, round 2, but my weight has not budged at all! I just started my period today, and that could be why. But I've never noticed any cyclical water retention before (not that I've looked for it). And it is really discouraging to eat potatoes for three days and not see the scale move.

The only other difference between this time and last time is that I've been eating horseradish mustard with some of my potatoes. The mustard is only 5 calories per teaspoon; it supposedly contains 0 g of carbs, protein, and fat, but that's impossible since those 5 calories must come from something. I haven't been measuring the amount of mustard I've been eating, but it's no more than 5 teaspoons per day. Could 25 calories of mustard cause this thing to not work???

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Haha! Glad I could make you laugh.

I'm on the fourth day of potatoes, round 2, but my weight has not budged at all! I just started my period today, and that could be why. But I've never noticed any cyclical water retention before (not that I've looked for it). And it is really discouraging to eat potatoes for three days and not see the scale move.

The only other difference between this time and last time is that I've been eating horseradish mustard with some of my potatoes. The mustard is only 5 calories per teaspoon; it supposedly contains 0 g of carbs, protein, and fat, but that's impossible since those 5 calories must come from something. I haven't been measuring the amount of mustard I've been eating, but it's no more than 5 teaspoons per day. Could 25 calories of mustard cause this thing to not work???
    I can't imagine that amount of mustard would have any effect. I'd think it has more to do with your 'feminine attributes'.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, no way it could be the mustard.

I just got MY lovely ladytime FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THIRTY FREAKING DAYS, and I am
    up from 124 to 130 over night.

SERIOUSLY.

So I bet it's ladytime bloat for you as well... even if you're not used to getting it normally,
    maybe I'm sending you some.

Julie

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yeah, no way it could be the mustard.

I just got MY lovely ladytime FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THIRTY FREAKING DAYS, and I am
    up from 124 to 130 over night.

SERIOUSLY.

So I bet it's ladytime bloat for you as well... even if you're not used to getting it normally,
    maybe I'm sending you some.

Julie
    That was the one blessing of being fat. No Aunt Flo. There is no way that I could deal with that and being fat. No way. I am hoping that now that I am losing weight, but of a certain age, that she wont ever come back.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Mine has been gone for about 3 years. Don't miss it a bit.

Had an all potatoes day till supper, then had potatoes with bone broth and leftover ground beef on top. Delish! Now I'm having my Friday night martini with hubby and making many typos as I write this. Amazing the effect of one good-sized martini!

Tomorrow should be potatoes until suppertime. Love the appetite suppression!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    After Day 2 of potatoes, I'm down 4.5 lbs. Back to 151.0 this morning, my weight before the New Years Eve debacle.

Plan is to be back on potatoes for Mon-Tues. And to add in an SLD oil-shot for the days I'm not eating potatoes.

Exercise yesterday was a 2 hour marathon of carpet removal in our master bedroom and walk-in closet, plus removal of tack strips, underlay, baseboard, and dozens (it seemed like thousands!) of staples from the floor. Plus hauling all the removed junk down a flight of stairs and outside. I was sweating!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Amazing the effect of one good-sized martini!
    Yal those pitcher-sized ones can do that! haha

Great job on the drop!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

WJS
    WJS is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone done this for two weeks? I was trying to find it but I was sure I saw that it is best to do for 10 days to two weeks?

Also, I have seen it asked a few times but have never seen an answer, can anyone say if it is OK to eat sweet potatoes and still lose the same or not?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WJS View Post
    Has anyone done this for two weeks? I was trying to find it but I was sure I saw that it is best to do for 10 days to two weeks?

Also, I have seen it asked a few times but have never seen an answer, can anyone say if it is OK to eat sweet potatoes and still lose the same or not?
    I've done it for 2 weeks, twice, in the past 6 months. Both times I lost weight at the same rate. I think two weeks is fine, but it does get kind of monotonous. It may be better to do 5-7 days with 1-2 days normal food in between just for sanity.

Sweet potatoes won't work, in my opinion. They have a completely different nutrient/starch/sugar make-up and rank lower in food satiety. People have tried rice and sweet potatoes and all say the same thing--too easy to overeat and they don't fill you up like white potatoes.

WJS
    WJS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I've done it for 2 weeks, twice, in the past 6 months. Both times I lost weight at the same rate. I think two weeks is fine, but it does get kind of monotonous. It may be better to do 5-7 days with 1-2 days normal food in between just for sanity.

Sweet potatoes won't work, in my opinion. They have a completely different nutrient/starch/sugar make-up and rank lower in food satiety. People have tried rice and sweet potatoes and all say the same thing--too easy to overeat and they don't fill you up like white potatoes.
    Thank you very much Otzi. That is good to know that two weeks is ok. I am today starting my 6th day and think I will just carry on for the two weeks. I am doing rotations with JUDDD so one day around 400 calories and trying my best to hit my up day calories but so far the highest has been around 1300 so will really try today to hit around the 1500 mark but that is a lot of potatoes!!

Thank you again for your reply, you saved me from eating sweet potatoes today. I feel I haven't lost much if anything at all over the past five days of doing it (haven't weighed at the moment, too scared to after the past month ) so I cannot afford to do anything that may hinder any losses at this stage.

By the way, I am using a lot of salt on the cold potatoes albeit the Himalayan pink salt but was wondering if this could be causing me not to lose weight? I hope that the PHD isn't mostly about losing water weight.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast