Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested? page 9

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, last evening I broke the fast~ felt hungry so I ate some scrambled eggs and a little chicken. Sense of taste/smell still missing~ eggs are strange texture wise, without the taste. For the rest of the evening my stomach gave me attitude~ guess it wasn't 'true' hunger. Anyway, today I'm back fasting with worthless taste buds. Maybe that's nature's signal to lay off the food. Stupid cold

rockrunner Guest
    I finally got my fast started last evening...just went over 24 hours. I'm a bit hungry but not too bad off and will be able to make it into at least tomorrow sometime. When the hunger started hitting this afternoon I went for one hour easy hike/run, it sorta took the hunger away for awhile but that didn't last. So far I've had 2 cups of coffee plus a couple decaf coffees, 2 cups Crio Bru, one cup of unsweetened cacao and water..total maybe 15 - 20 calories.

I cheated too much the last two weeks and have a bit of flare up on the Seborrhea Dermatitis that started yesterday...its already getting better though.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    What could be sadder than breaking your fast, and not enjoying any tastes? Hope you feel better soon, Nady.

Wow, that seems like a lot of caffeine, Rockrunner. Is that a usual amount for you, when you are eating?

I made it through the full four days! I'd had my doubts, as this was my first fast back after several months of no fasting, or even much regular IF. (Darn stress.) Hence, my generous 2-4 day window. But I did it. Even less hunger on day four than previously. Hunger-wise, I could probably go longer, as I woke up feeling fine and very NON-hungry. But today is a convenient day to get my sashimi, so I had a scrambled egg this morning, to start myself off. Also, there is a lot to eating besides just nourishing our bodies. I have a lot of enjoyment tied up in eating, and giving that up for four days is a big deal. No need to make it fie.

There is no real way to judge if I achieved my desired result of autophagy. I'm going to say I did, though! The smell episode leads me to believe SOMETHING was going on. I do track my weight, and for those who are interested, I released ten pounds. (210.0 - 200.0) Naturally, this is gratifying. I expect to bob back up, but that will not worry me. And, I have stayed VERY hydrated, so I am considering that loss mostly bloat, with a little fat, and little water. (Bloat being the 'bad' water that one holds onto because of the wrong reasons. )

Hope everyone else has had good results. I know a few of you are still going. I'll check back in to see your reports, and then at the beginning of February, I'll be doing another fast.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    yes Sabine I'm back at it again. sitting at 36? hours now.

If find it interesting how everyone's body is different. One fasts and posts how it constipates them. Me...the diaherra is unreal. I'm actually getting quite sore.

I lost another 3 lbs since yesterday. I think it's the cleaning out that's done it. Down 7 lbs since the second.

Not feeling well but not hungry if that makes any sense. I plod on with it.

Sitting at 48 hours for the second time.

Is everyone else done?

rockrunner Guest
    I'm still going, just passed 48 hours...way to go ez2cy on the double fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Wow, that seems like a lot of caffeine, Rockrunner. Is that a usual amount for you, when you are eating?
    I usually drink decaf or maybe one cup of regular coffee but got behind on sleep and had extra...had some buzz from that.

Hunger picked up some this afternoon so went on another 1 hour hike/run for some temporary relief. I'm not having any trouble physically just mental will power on the hunger but still not too bad. Watching football right now and the food commercials aren't making it any easier. I have to work tomorrow evening so I'm just trying to stretch it out till then. Wish I could end my fast with some Sashimi!

Well, I'm done. Went 48 hours...had meal....went another 48 hours...ate....now just fasting 24 until supper time.

Lost around 8 lbs, I'm sure mostly water etc. See what comes back.

Thanks for this joint effort folks. Makes it easier when you see others doing it as well.

rockrunner Guest
    Finished off my fast...3rd day went the easiest of all...hunger dropped way off. Fried up some oysters and mixed them into 5 scrambled eggs with sour cream and chopped green olives on the side, finished with a couple handfuls of macadamia nuts...that was all I could eat.

Saw the first signs of stress on my 1 hour hike/run today, heart-rate was a bit higher than normal so I had to walk more of the time to keep it in the low range. Checked my weight before and after...only dropped 2 pounds per the same scale, that sounds about right for me if I didn't lose a bunch of water weight.

Think I'll try this again next winter maybe make it a once a year thing...all in all it was interesting just to see what a fast is like.

I am up three pounds, to 202.0 yesterday, and the same today. Had a little bit of the munchiness yesterday morning, but it settled down by late afternoon, and I feel like I am back on an even keel.

Had a rather extreme evacuation three hours after my first break-fast, as if my body was astounded that there was stuff coming it, and wanted to get EVERYTHING else out as quickly as it could. Since there was much left but water, well, you get the picture. Everything normal on subsequent meals.

No more lightheadedness, obviously, but as it was SO slight on this fast, that is barely worth mentioning.

Feeling very good, and looking forward to my next fast, the first 2-4 days of February.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast