Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested? page 8

GForce is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I lost 4 pounds in my first day! Not expecting that much when I weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'll take what I get.
    I'm considering eating only fruits and veg on my first day back eating since it's what I'm craving big time.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    I I felt irritated and tired, my hubby might have said bitchy even. I dunno, maybe the mental effect of no-food is more limiting than my stomach. Anyone experience things like that!?
    I've gotten bad moods from fasting. But then, fasting would constipate me and that gives me bad moods too. So I don't know which one causes the bad moods.

Congrats everyone for the fasting hours! Fasting buddies really to do help.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Glad you are feeling better, Richard. Have you ever looked at the alternate-day fasting plan? There are a few links in the threads to a program presented on BBC about it(I think, by a company called Horizon), that are very interesting.
    No haven't heard of that. I did the Warrior Diet for maybe 18 months awhile back. IF is a great idea. I have heard that a day of eating ad libitum and a day of 400 or 500 calories alternating can bring the same benefits, not sure if it's true.

I might fast again tomorrow as I still haven't shaken this thing although I am feeling much better.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am now at hour 80; 3 days down and considering my fourth. I DID start to get hungry yesterday afternoon and evening, but I was able to push through it.

Told my Honey last night that I was considering breaking the fast today. There has been a complete absence of hunger this morning, so I'll definitely wait until I feel hungry, and then see what I feel like. My plan was 2-4 days, so breaking the fast would be fine, and so would continuing.

Funny as it may sound, my biggest concern is that after I break my fast with a small amount of eggs, or something like that, I want my next meal to be sashimi. I LOVE sashimi- it is my favorite 'treat' meal, and looking forward to indulging in it after a fast is one way of not minding any hunger. However, it is NOT convenient to have the sashimi today. It may be the one thing keeping me pushing through any hunger today. We humans sure are funny, aren't we?

Today has been the first time I have had any noticeable side-effects: a little light-headedness this morning. Nothing scary, though. I'll just be careful not to stand up too quickly.

How is everyone else going? I love hearing.

It is fun, isn't it, GForce, to see a big drop like that.

Also, my teeth are amazingly smooth! Anyone else feeling that? I feel like I am just brushing for the amusement of it.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Way to go Sabine. Sashimi is where I ended my fast. Not happy about it, but also not sad. I didn't end it at roughly 48 because of hunger or anything on my part. Wife has had problems with headaches this last while and wanted to go to chiropractor......yep got an appt but it was around supper time and it's about 50 min drive. I got her hooked on sushi and sashmi a couple of years ago. She asked what I was ending my fast on and I told her Mings (our favorite place). Well.....she told her 16 son and guess what happened next? Yep....I ended my fast for them. Oh well, I'm an old cowboy. I'm back up on the horse this morning and seeing if I can go more than the 48 hours. I know I"ve gone 56 first time I did this but I'm trying for more.

I did weigh myself this morning and even with gorging (I know not suppose to but man...it's sashimi!) I still lost 3.8 lbs. Not bad.

Ok....here I go again....on my mark....get set.........gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!

And congrats again Sabine.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

fasting again today. Trying to get rid of this flu.

The worst thing about this flu right now is that I can't snuggle with my wife. That really is damaging to our relationship. It will be fine but it is really a downer for now.

Started to take 1500mg lysine every 3 hours to try to get rid of flu -- I heard that might work and see no reason not to try it.

Frank talk ahead- be warned

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Sashimi... Wife...16 son ....I ended my fast for them.
    Obviously, ending your fast for any of these is acceptable.

But you are starting up again, is that right? Good luck to you and Richard. I wonder how fasting, breaking the fast, then fasting again right away would work for me. Hmmm, advanced fasting, I'll leave that for another year.

Not hungry yet, at 85 hours in. A strange thing happened about two hours ago. All of a sudden I just started to stink. Intense body odor. It really feels(and smells) as though my body must have released a load of toxins. I feel fine, though. It has convinced me that next time I fast, I will definitely do the detox baths and teas again. Whatever that stuff was, I want it OUT of my body, not hanging around in there.

Also, a bowel movement at 84 hours. Guess my body decided it was not going to wait for the 'eating the next meal, better make space' cue, and decided regardless of what I was doing, it needed to move things along. Everything normal, vis a vis amount and consistency.

I'm starting to think I will make the full four days. It is just not going to be convenient to eat this evening( seeing my son off), so I might as well go for the full time.

bowel movements are mostly composed, supposedly, of dead intestinal cells. It's the way the body protects the GI tract so even when I have fasted before (and I am not an experienced faster by any means) I have had prolific bowel movements anyway. I think it's part of the detox role. The body gets rid of toxin through the bottoms of the feet, the skin, and the intestinal tract, I believe.

Go for it, Sabine!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast