Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested? page 4

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fantastic, Dizzyorange. Glad you are feeling so good, and that we'll get to overlap our starts with your end. Good luck on your presentation work-together!

I have been eating a little extra today, but all primal stuff so far. Planning on our traditional ice cream sundae as midnight nears, though, so I'll be ending the year with a solid 20% Looking forward to waking up tomorrow with a restful, non-food day ahead of me.

For those of you fasting for a measureable change (weight, blood pressure, sugar levels, ?) consider posting your starting stats tomorrow.

L.Renee is offline Junior Member

Red face Count me in, Sabine!

Hi Sabine,

Count me in!!! I've been putting it off for months now and making half-hearted attempts at fasting. (any amount of fasting is beneficial, IMO) But I had already made up my mind to fast starting January 1, 2013 - so finding this post/forum was perfect timing.

Last July (2011) I went on a 60-day water fast with AWESOME results; and weight-wise I went from a size 20 to a tight size 10 (10/12). So yeah....I was so pretty excited with how everything turned out. It went really well for me. Before that time, however, I had NEVER fasted longer than half a day before giving in. I didn't plan on a fast last year - I just got up one day and decided to fast for a month. Then as time went on I extended it to 40 days. As the 40-day mark got closer, I was still going strong and not experiencing any 'genuine' hunger so I decided to go for 60 days. I didn't have any real detox symptoms throughout the fast other than some weakness and lightheaded-ness from time to time if I bent over and stood up too fast. Some days I used lemons or limes in my water and I had blemishes on my skin that totally cleared up - but I didn't even notice until my sister pointed it out one day as we were walking into the store.

Anyway, this post is already WAY TOO long so I'll stop here. I'm new to this forum but I'm really big into the study of natural health and wellness...I just haven't always lived it like I should. So, I'm absolutely thrilled about this fast and wish everyone the best and a blessed New Year!

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Count me in!

The week of holidaying and eating totally threw me off track, and I am determined to fast for the next few days. Starting the fast tomorrow. I am going to think about the exact parameters of my fast (what I will eat/drink) tonight, and report more tomorrow morning!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I'm ready to start tomorrow~ got my salt and the water and tea~ haven't decided how long, going to listen to my body.

Hellos to Ripped, L.Renee, and Reallygravity. I think that makes 11.

I am astounded by a 60 day fast. That is definitely in the realm of 'don't try this at home' for me, but I am heartened to hear that you had such a good experience. Did you have any weight rebounding? And is your goal for this fast weight loss or something different?

I made it to midnight (fairly amazing, as I usually hit the hay around 9:00) so my fast has begun! I think I'l have some tea, and go to bed. Looking forward to making this journey with all of you.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    My first fast when I announced it was 48 hours. I started another yesterday and am about 19 and a quarter hours in.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I did 3 very low calorie days (300-500) to prepare for the New Year (29, 30, 31 Dec.), and I woke this am feeling terrific--light and comfortable. I don't 'do' New Year's Eve stuff, so it was no problem at all. This is something I plan to make an annual event--welcome the New Year with a body primed by caloric restriction.

NOTE: I lost weight following the Alternate-Day diet for 2 years, and its developer (Dr. Johnson) says that anything less than 500 cal will provide the same effects for the body as a total fast. I usually aim for about 350 cal when I'm doing this as physically I can't manage no food at all.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Will join fast Jan 2nd. Wife has a turkey dinner planned for today.

Emmie, glad your year-end fast went so well. I find it very interesting about less than 500 calories working the same. Maybe that will work for me sometime in the future. Right now I have too many emotional issues with food to eat 'just a little'. It is hard than having nothing for me.

Drumroll, any word on how it went, especially for those in the group who have not fasted before, or much? I always enjoy hearing how people met the various challenges, and even the details of various symptoms, to see what fits in the wide range of normal.

Ez2cy, look forward to having you start up tomorrow. Enjoy your turkey. I'm doing a corned beef dinner for my family tonight- easy to prepare, so that I'm not spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sabine, my initial fast was a real struggle because of how I was forced to eat over the holidays. If you read one of my recent threads, you'd know that my family fights me tooth and nail on this whole primal lifestyle. They did nothing to make it even REMOTELY possible for me while I was visiting them. I basically had to readjust my body to primal eating all over again.

Ugh. I enjoy this lifestyle and just wish my family could accept it as a part of who I am now. I don't know why they insist on fighting it so much.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast