Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested? page 12

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    I broke my fast after 60 hours. I feel incredible, and I am amazed what my mind and body can do. I was not hungry at all, and when I did break the fast, I wasnt hungry either, but it just felt right to do so. I am not going to dwell a lot on it, because I am going to keep fasting like this quite regularly now. Maybe once a month or so...and keep increasing the duration. Before this, the longest I had done was 30 hours, so doubling it felt real good.

For people who want weight stats. Post Xmas/ NY binge, I was 105 pounds. When I started the fast, I was 113. This morning, I was 108.2. I think, in the past 60 hours, I lost all the bloat, gas, and retained water. I really needed that. I am not sure if I have really "gained" three pounds (from 105 to 108) of fat in two weeks of bad eating. I will see how it goes and where I land up. As in, from today onwards, I am going back to regular eating--one meal a day.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing their experience!

Dairy does not give me aches or pains, but it does stall my weight-loss. I have completely cut out dairy from my diet, and it has really helped. The scales have been moving!

And oh yes, I broke my fast with brussel sprouts, chicken salad, meatballs, and an avocado.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hope its OK that I am here, since I am doing only a "half fast". BP coffee in the morning, and bone broth if I need it.

TaraMae is offline Member
    Okay so today I actually began with my fast! (It's just that my parents have been making primal meals for dinner and I couldn't resist! --they usually make rice, pasta, etc. so I couldn't pass up the opportunity hehe)
    Day 1.
    I've had water with lemon in it, and basically all morning has been busy cleaning my room and distracting myself from food with some pampering: manicure, pedicure, honey-lemon face mask, etc.
    Almost time to go to school (it's 3pm) so that keeps me out until 9pm tonight. I'll have a mug of tea during the break, and when I come home, I'm planning to just go to bed! Oh, and I'm bringing a bottle of water with me to class to sip on.
    I've never really done a fast and stuck with it, so we'll see how I do..
    I LOVE reading everyone's plans, tips, encouragement.. this thread is great!! xxo

I am up to 36 hours of my "half fast", and lost 2.2 lbs over night.
    Feeling still full of energy, and not hungry so yay!

TaraMae is offline Member
    Made it the 24 hours! Broke my mini-fast with salmon and shrimp, some blue cheese, and then I watched a movie with some pipas and apricots.. Mmm. Today I'm going to try fasting until dinner again.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I broke my half fast at around 40 hours or so with some tuna and homemade mayo.
    It felt good

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112