Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Planning a New Year's Fast - Anyone Interested? page 11

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ill check out your journal BG. Do you have much to lose?

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    ill check out your journal BG. Do you have much to lose?
    Thanks to a bout of emotional eating lasting three months (and culminating with Christmas) I have - at a guess as I never weigh - about 15-20lbs to dispose of. I'm tall - a sniff off 6ft - and can carry a bit of lard, but I prefer not to. I'm in Aus too and want to get back to my happy weight in time for Autumn/Winter when I wear trousers more often (I find trousers very unforgiving of weight fluctuations). So, if it takes two months to shift three months' worth of bingeing and bad choices, I'll be a happy camper.

As my journal records, I'm considering fasting during the week and eating more generously (and keto) at weekends, which is when I tend to graze anyway. I'll see how it goes.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

So not eating at all during the week? Any thing besides water?

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    No - progressive 24 hour fasts, broken with dinner. Each day dinner gets later to fit in a full 24 hours. Dinner is a keto-friendly meal of 600-700 calories. I also start my day with a coffee with a little milk. Water/black tea during the day. I've done this for three days (today being the third) and it's sitting well with me as a short-term - couple of weeks or so - reset. After that I think I'll reintroduce lunch!

I eat way, way more at weekends so this is something of a diet hack.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

That sounds like a good plan

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Fast is still going on. Cannot believe that I am at 48 hours right now. Actually, what I really cannot believe that I am not hungry. I only feel hungry when I read or think about food. But when I am buzy, there are no food thoughts.

Drinking lots and lots of water. Fortunately, the bad (related to Xmas binging) bowel movements have passed. My tummy really must have hated me!

I am curious to see how long I can keep going. Like an experiment!

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    I have done this before and it works very well! Best of luck!

really the only reason I want to do this, is to see if I can make the scales actually shift.
    I am rarely hungry since eating moar fat anyway.

But at the same time I have a lot of aches and pains, related to dairy I think (and being so heavy) and I was curious to see if fasting would help that at all.

TaraMae is offline Member

Red face and.... begin.

So my fast actually starts today.. we had lamb ribs and lombardo (it's like cabbage) with pine nuts and mushrooms with bits of ham last night for dinner (note: my mom, who made dinner, is NOT primal) so I just couldn't pass up that dinner. (and by that time I actually felt pretty hungry!)
    Given that we'll probably be having pasta tonight, it's the perfect day for me to fast. I'll keep you updated!
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-08-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: ham is not the same as jam...

I had dinner tonight, and will fast for 48 hours if I can, with a BP coffee, and bone broth if I need it.
    I guess I can work up to water only, but will see how I go with this

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast