Thread: 7 lbs lost in 5 days page

lillyvanilli is offline Junior Member

7 lbs lost in 5 days

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am a newbie here. I started living the primal way from the 22nd of this month. Since then I have lost 7 lbs. That is 7lbs in 5 days!! Is this healthy? do I need to up my carb intake to slow down the weight loss. I currently manage about 50 gms of carb a day. I weigh 228 lbs on a 5ft 7 frame. I have a lot of weight to loose. I am worried about loose skin due to rapid weight loss. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Since I went primal, I have trouble falling asleep with hot flushes to go with it. Ketosis ?

Paleobird Guest
    Calm down. Rapid weight loss often happens in a whoosh like this when you first start out. It is mostly water weight. This will slow down soon and will not hurt you at all. You do, however, need to be sure to get enough salt in your diet as your body gets used to this new way.

A good way to do this is mineral water with a little lemon or lime juice and some salt added. Primal gatorade.

I wish you well.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's very common to lose weight fast right off the bat, especially when you're starting off at a higher weight. Most of it is your body getting rid of water weight after you stop eating so much carbs. Your weight loss will slow after that. Don't worry about it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Water weight.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's (partly) water weight and the speed of weight loss doesn't decide whether you will have loose skin or not. Do some muscle building exercises, eat good, including getting your good fats and avoiding the bad fats. Those will go a long way in helping your skin out. Also, unless the skin is paper thin, it still has fat in it and you will still have fat to lose for it to shrink up more.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    If you're developing insomnia and hot flushes it sounds like you are either under eating or else your macro breakdown isn't right for you. Play around with these until you find a way where you can live a normal life whilst losing weight at a reasonable pace. Eating fewer carbs is not necessarily optimal beyond a certain point.

lillyvanilli is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Damiana,Yogabare,AshleyL, ryanmercer; water weight makes sense. Thank you Paleobird. It was your success story that convinced me to give primal a try.

6 days of primal and the results are showing and how ! In just 6 days, I got back my periods (very light though) after 6 months of no show. A co-incidence? I just can't seem to think so. If this is what Primal can do in just 6 days. I can't wait to see what next few months have in store for me.
    Last edited by lillyvanilli; 12-26-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: replied to all