Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to bounce back after slipping up page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

How to bounce back after slipping up

Primal Fuel
    I'm visiting my sister for a week during X-mas break (MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ZOMGGG!!!!!! )

Anyways, she ALWAYS eats out, I mean ALWAYS. It's nuts, she goes to sushi-bars one day, fancy restaurants the next, sandwich pubs following, so of-course, I'm forced to eat out too.

I don't really want to invade and ask her to buy me a bunch of groceries during my visit, so I'm going to have to f*** up my diet for about a week.

Is there any way to "detox" your body. I'm not worried about not being able to get back on the diet, I'm committed, I'm just wondering what you can do to help your body "recover" persay. Thanks guys!!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Best way to detox your body is to treat it with respect.
    Buy your own groceries and make real food, no excuses
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Huntress is offline Junior Member
    Just enjoy the time with your sister, minimise the bad food choices when you're out and get back to your regular diet afterwards. The body is resilient and will bounce back after a few days or so. There is no quick fix or magic solution, but dont stress about it.

I've read some related wisdom on these boards that I'll be trying out over the next day or two. Here's my plan:

1) Don't stress too much over food during this time. Make primal choices when you can, and don't worry when you can't. The point is to spend time with your sister, not to plant a flag in the middle of her kitchen. Seems like you're going strong on this one.

2) If possible, work out before you go out to eat. You can find plenty of quick, HIIT bodyweight routines online that you can bang out in 10-20 minutes, quick shower and you're ready to go.

3) Fast afterward. Doesn't have to be too hardcore, maybe just skip breakfast. I have family in town that's leaving tomorrow, so I may just see if I can pull of my first 24 hour fast at that point.

4) Do what you can to sleep well and enough. This is where I'm really falling down this holiday. :-\

5) Get back into a routine as soon as you're back home, to include workouts in addition to good food choices.

Good luck, and most importantly - have fun with your sister!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, don't stress out too much and make the best food choice you can when you go out to eat, get sashimi instead of sushi, get a salad without toppings and dressing on the side, etc.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    All good advice above. The only thing I would add is that eating out doesn't necessarily mean you have to eat poor food. Most places have salads, steaks, grilled fish, etc. You can stay very primal if you choose to do so! But, either way, enjoy yourself and spending time with your sister!

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Just start eating primal again when your done. Its not rocket science.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Make it worth it. If you are going to eat non-primal, love it. I've been off the wagon the past few days- mainly cookies.... but they are awesome home made with love cookies. If you go out and the pizza looks amazing, and you want it, have it. If it looks like crappy pizza, get a salad.

I try to never eat non-primal foods that are not fantastically awesome.

And as you are able, eat primal foods while you are out. Nothing wrong with that!

My bounce back plan is that all the junk food hits the trash tomorrow, then I start a Whole 30 January 2nd. If I were you, when you get back from your trip, go stock the fridge with your favorite meats, veggies and fruits.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Drink plenty of water, both while you are eating 'off your plan' and when you are getting back to normal.

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Just start eating primal again when your done. Its not rocket science.
    you completely missed the question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast