Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to bounce back after slipping up page 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    you completely missed the question
    Not really. I thought I bodies detoxed pretty well on their own as long as we aren't continually adding new toxins in. Going back to primal is probably enough. But if you want to do some active detoxing:

Fast with lots of herbal tea. Ginger and lemon is good, as are special detox teabags. Fennel is good at cleaning out digestion. I've heard that cayenne pepper is great for cleaning out.

Bendy twisty yoga -- look for backbends and forward bends. Those really fire up the core and get the blood moving to carry out toxins which are stuck in the cells.

Lots of sleep for cell repair.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    When I slip up & cheat or enjoy holiday foods & desserts, I've found the easiest & quickest way to get back on track is follow-up w/ immediate 24-36 hr fast.. Lets my body clean itself out & rests the digestive system & calm inflammation effects from the non-primal/high sugar foods.. I fell of the wagon & ate boat loads of pastas & ice cream & pies.. Really pigged out today.. Feel disgusting as I type this message, ha. will be fasting prob till lunch Wed, then back on track

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could fast, but then I just want more crap.

All the crap is in the trash now, so...

Good thing is I feel gross and bloated and never want to see another cookie again.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    When I slip up & cheat or enjoy holiday foods & desserts, I've found the easiest & quickest way to get back on track is follow-up w/ immediate 24-36 hr fast.. Lets my body clean itself out & rests the digestive system & calm inflammation effects from the non-primal/high sugar foods.. I fell of the wagon & ate boat loads of pastas & ice cream & pies.. Really pigged out today.. Feel disgusting as I type this message, ha. will be fasting prob till lunch Wed, then back on track
    this doesn't sound like a very healthy mindset. i think you need to relax.

this is a nice article btw:

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/12/c...vs-consumption
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-26-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Im getting a bit worried at how im starting to give in to pressures of common society. Im having cheats/binges a little too frequently for my liking, main reason is i still live at home and the house is full of your staples to be found in your average home. Being the only one to eat clean is challenging, then when you go out in public, your food choices arent great neither, and quiet frankly home food always wins. I also miss alot of the traditional foods my mum cooks up so i have to fight with all my strength.

Im thinking of riding the storm for now, and whilst im on christmas holidays not get too caught up in the binges, rather refocus in the new year and hit the road again towards cleaner eating. It feels really good to see how the impact this food and binges had on me, meaning my body is clean and functioning nicely, and i can recover and get back on track rather quickly, but it is depressing to think that it still is a slip up and losing progress with my efforts.

Its tough stuff, hopefully i shake off these sloppy last 2 weeks and get back on track in 2013. I should probably start looking into moving out too...

La Carnera is offline Member
    Why don't you "invite" her to eat at home a delicious primal meal prepared by you?
    Hopefully she'll want to repeat the experience forever.

Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Im thinking of riding the storm for now, and whilst im on christmas holidays not get too caught up in the binges, rather refocus in the new year and hit the road again towards cleaner eating.
    I feel you.
    Even with roomates or friends, you will never get rid of the influence of the "common eaters"...
    Even in a family that eats very little and as clean as possible (the stains being daily breads, margarine, some sugar and chocolate), the "traditional christmas food items" always make an appearance. True to be said, sugar and chocolate are like absolute crack - and avoiding them against our desires will only make them more desirable. So, it's really OK to give in a little - yes, how "little" is the trick, I believe. It's the so-called "balance" and harmony, I suppose.
    And I too failed, big time. It will get better over the years, I believe.
    Last edited by La Carnera; 12-26-2012 at 06:51 AM.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I would just try to eat as good as I can at the restaurants. Sushi bar, that's not so bad right? Fish, kelp, rice? A steakhouse, steak, fries (if the oils aren't hydrogenated, you won't get away from soy most likely but at least not hydrogenated), a sandwhich bar, a salad with meat or eat the inside of a sandwhich? We even eat at burger king as a treat, just plain hamburger patties with a few fries. Yea, the fries are fried in GMO soybean oil though :/ and the meat is crap so I don't do that often. Even doing this, you will probably start to feel crummy before it's over but not as bad as if you went all out eating grain and sugar. I tried that once... once.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    this doesn't sound like a very healthy mindset. i think you need to relax.

this is a nice article btw:

Creativity vs. Consumption – 180 Degree Health

Thanks for the link!

The only thing unhealthy about my mindset (imo) is the amount of trash shoved in my face over the holiday.. I enjoyed it though, I have a very soft spot in my heart for ice cream, cookies, & pumpkin/turtle/key lime/pecan pie.. ha.. but a follow-up period of fasting makes me feel great.. I personally don't think there's any healthier (or more primal) than the calmness the body goes through during an abbreviated fast.. No food in the digestive tract so the immune system can focus healing on other parts of my body.. I feel clear, alert, lean, clean & very much in touch with my body & senses.. The primal meal I eat coming off the fast then seems to be absorbed with maximum efficiency (supreme nutrient absorption!) I go through a 24-hr fast prob 2 times a week, & it usually comes after somewhat of a cheat meal or high calorie devour.. Just my experience in how I "heal"
    Last edited by abc123; 12-26-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12