So my mother was recently diagnosed with Lewy Body Disease, which seems to be the same as Lewy Body Dementia. This is not square one though since she has previously been diagnosed with Parkinsons. Has anyone done any study on Lewy Body?

From what I read Lewy Body is one segment within the larger umbrella of dementia, the other larger segment being Alzheimers. The relationship between Parkinsons and Lewy Body is unclear or not understood well by science, though they may be related. Their treatment can have some overlap but I guess folks with Lewy Body sometimes don't have success with the same drugs Parkinsons patients have.

For Lewy Body Aricept or the Exelon patch are usually prescribed, both known as these type of drugs:
An acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (often abbreviated AChEI) or anti-cholinesterase is a chemical that inhibits the acetylcholinesterase enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine, thereby increasing both the level and duration of action of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Reversible, quasi-irreversible (or pseudirreversible in some sources) and irreversible inhibitors exist.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetyl...rase_inhibitor

My mother's dementia is not that bad. I have tried to encourage her to move to a more paleo-like diet. However with a bit of googling around forums on Aricept and Exelon I have found many patients complaining that some Lewy Body symptoms like hallucinations actually increased permanently (meaning later dosage decrease does not return to pre-drug condition) after going on these meds! That is a big scare for me since my mother does not currently have significant hallucinations. On the other hand I hear some patients say things like "it's important to get on the drugs early in the life of dementia to slow down the disease progression." Any thoughts?