Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Costco has 54 oz coconut oil - $16.99! page 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Now that we are getting back on our feet, financially, this is one of the items on my 'stock up' list. I can't wait until I have ten jars lined up in my spare room. I feel certain the sight will give me a warm feeling all over.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    For the Canadian peeps I just bought 1.5KG (58 OZ) tub of Carrington Farms cold pressed organic coconut oil at the Edmonton West Costco for $16.99 which is a very good deal.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Is this just US or Canada too?
    I was gonna mention but was beat to it, that yes, the coconut oil is in Canadian Costco's too.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Do they have Costco in Canada? I didn't think they did. I remember an article about Canadians crossing the border just to go to Costco, and some of the Americans there having a serious (and lame) attitude problem about it. Maybe there just wasn't one in that partular part of Canada.
    Costco is an international company, with stores across the Canada, the UK, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and now into Australia as of last year.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Carrington Farms, unrefined, organic, cold pressed, from Philippines. Best deal I've seen. Costco is pretty cutting edge for a mainstream store - grass-fed butter, grass-fed ground beef and they are opening their own beef processing plant in California soon. I think they want to source more grass-fed beef and found they couldn't do it without the processing plant. Hope, hope, hope!
    In the KC Costcos we have the same coconut oil as well as Kerrygold butter (and cheese). No grass-fed beef (ground or otherwise). Here's hoping though...

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Woo hoo, just found it in the south Winnipeg Costco as well. It's the FIRST TIME EVER that I've seen coconut oil at all in a Canadian Costco. Same brand and price as Dirlot found in Edmonton. Needless to say, I bought 2 jars. I pay around that much for half the amount of Nutiva at Superstore.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 12-29-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    Yep. My mom works and Costco and when she told me about that.....I zoomed on over there. Costco rocks!!!
    I also just started making my own Paleo Kits using the Jerky and nut/fruit mix and Coconut bags they sell.
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

MikeF is offline Junior Member
    I tried looking around ours yesterday and couldn't find any! What section was it in?

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I was going to post about this!
    What are your guys' thoughts on Costco as a primal resource in general? I used to shop there to save money but have since joined a co-op and am enjoying the local grass-fed burger an awful lot, even though its pricey. I was thinking of going back for some produce, fruit and dairy. Their half-gallon cartons of heavy cream lasted forever and I loved them, but I wanted to be as grass fed as possible.
    Also in mine, there isn't a lot of grass fed meat. Maybe some ground beef but I'm not sure. The organic chicken was all skinless, boneless chicken breast--yuck. I miss steak and steak-like cuts of beef. I can't afford them at the co-op ($25ish/lb for grass fed! I don't trust the stuff at the regular grocery store anymore)

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Apparently the Costco in Hawaii sells for $17.99 for 2 lbs. WHAT? :\

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    I was going to post about this!
    What are your guys' thoughts on Costco as a primal resource in general? I used to shop there to save money but have since joined a co-op and am enjoying the local grass-fed burger an awful lot, even though its pricey. I was thinking of going back for some produce, fruit and dairy. Their half-gallon cartons of heavy cream lasted forever and I loved them, but I wanted to be as grass fed as possible.
    Also in mine, there isn't a lot of grass fed meat. Maybe some ground beef but I'm not sure. The organic chicken was all skinless, boneless chicken breast--yuck. I miss steak and steak-like cuts of beef. I can't afford them at the co-op ($25ish/lb for grass fed! I don't trust the stuff at the regular grocery store anymore)
    I love Costco, although spring-autumn we try to use CSA/local produce and I buy (almost) all my meat from local grass-fed/pasture farmers.

What I buy from Costco (food): EVOO (just got in some nice Tuscan I've tried before), aforementioned coconut oil, King Oscar sardines in olive oil, wild-caught fish, smoked salmon, pickled herring, "in a pinch" fruit and veggies, lots of different cheeses, the occasional rack of lamb ribs, herbs and sea salt, Pellegrino sparkling water, heavy cream...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast