Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Costco has 54 oz coconut oil - $16.99! page 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They have had costco here for years but I imagine it has been spreading and expanding ever that time.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Do they have Costco in Canada? I didn't think they did. I remember an article about Canadians crossing the border just to go to Costco, and some of the Americans there having a serious (and lame) attitude problem about it. Maybe there just wasn't one in that partular part of Canada.
    Not only do they have Costcos in Canada, but (at least some) Costcos in Canada sell poutine in the food court. OK, not primal, but still...I had never seen a Costco with a deep fat fryer running until I visited Calgary. They also have a hot pepper relish in the food court that the US costcos seriously should start providing too.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Learn something new every day!

Thanks, guys!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Costco is pretty cutting edge for a mainstream store - grass-fed butter, grass-fed ground beef and they are opening their own beef processing plant in California soon. I think they want to source more grass-fed beef and found they couldn't do it without the processing plant. Hope, hope, hope!
    Is that Costco brand butter, or another? I see nothing labeled grass-fed in our Costco. We do buy meats there, rather than the regular grocery, because Costco has a decent selection of organic meats.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Mine has Nutiva coconut oil 78 oz for 19.99 or 21.99 (can't remember) but great deal!

MikeF is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Is that Costco brand butter, or another? I see nothing labeled grass-fed in our Costco. We do buy meats there, rather than the regular grocery, because Costco has a decent selection of organic meats.
    It's Kerrygold at ours. It's by the fancy cheese section, not with the "regular" buter.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    It's Kerrygold at ours. It's by the fancy cheese section, not with the "regular" buter.
    Gah! We have Kerrygold cheddar, but no butter. I am visiting family in Naperville, IL and there's Kerrygold butter in the regular grocery stores here. I have to go to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

mzteaze is offline Junior Member
    I didn't see any grass fed meats but did find organic beef and chicken. The coconut oil was $15.99 for 54 oz which was a good deal.

i renewed my membership based on this.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshy View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think all of the large coco oil companies(ex:Tropical traditions) package their big tubs of coconut oil in plastic. As long as your not leaving it out in the sweltering heat you should be good. I usually transfer mine to an old spaghetti jar that I've run through the diswasher, so that could be an option if you really wanted to play it safe.
    How do you know that they weren't in sweltering heat before being shipped to the Costco you bought it from? I know it's highly paranoid of me to ask, but just wondering.

Freshy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    How do you know that they weren't in sweltering heat before being shipped to the Costco you bought it from? I know it's highly paranoid of me to ask, but just wondering.
    No way to tell really. The distribution company is Carringting Farms out of NJ. It says Organic/cold pressed/ from the Phillipines. Probably comes from the same lot as all the other companies out of the Phillipines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast