Thread: Mark's post today page

Primal Fuel

Left me a little disappointed. It seems that there were two options; A. Lift heavy for strength and look "fit." or B. take steroids and look like a female hulk. Huh? Isn't there a middle ground? I DO lift heavy and I AM strong, but how about some advice for the girls that want to add (just a little) bulk? CW would tell me to go on a binge and then go on a cut, but adding and subtracting poundage like that isn't good for the long haul. I am sure there are other grokettes on this site that wouldn't mind adding a few pounds of muscle mass...bigger than Madonna, smaller than Super Size She.

It just takes time.

Pauline Nordin (http://fighterdiet.com/blog/) is not necessarily primal (she does eat grains in the form of oatmeal, etc, when she does eat carbs), but eats mostly veggies and protein and works out HARD (some may say she's obsessed).

The point here, is, take a look at her. For her 'muscular' photo shoots she looks ripped (probably TOO ripped), but when she does 'soft' photo shoots, you can just tell that she's a fit/ strong, woman with very little body fat. If you see her old photos, ten years ago, she was SCRAWNY!!!! (before and after: http://fighterdiet.com/blog/?page_id=290)

I think with us, it just takes more time for our muscles to get more 'condensed' instead of the bulky/ size that men seem to get instantaneously.

At least, that's my take on it.

I've been lifting heavy on/ off for 5 years now and I'm just now seeing a very minimal increase in my muscle 'size'.

Jedi is offline Member

I have put on some significant muscle lifting heavy and eating around maintenance, but I do have a lot of mesomorph in me. I have been lifting 3.5 years though and can squat 100kg.

freshbakedpi is offline Junior Member

How long have you been lifting? Are you pushing yourself? Eating enough protein? etc etc?

Re: Pauline Nordin I think she looks beautiful in 2001... far from scrawny. It's sad she has/d such a poor body image. I can't believe she's only 117 in those older pictures. Do you know how tall she is? She has my body - I'm 130!

Freshbakedpi, she actually was REALLY scrawny, unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable sharing her Facebook pics of her REAL scrawny days (I agree that her old 2001 photos were very beautiful!)

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I also will say that it just takes time and patience. I've been lifting almost four years now. My weight has stayed the same (within five pounds up or down) but I've gradually gotten more muscular with lots of hard work. (Double bodyweight deadlifts, triple bodyweight cart dragging and pushing, etc.)