Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant find grss fed butter here page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Get the best of what you can find and what you can afford. It's not going to matter a whole lot in the long run.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Michelle M is offline Junior Member
    I live in Calgary and I ordered Organic Grass Fed Ghee from Pure Indian Foods.
    Their website is really easy to use and it was no problem shipping to Canada.
    Pure Indian Foods - A fifth-generation, family-owned ghee business since 1889.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    This makes me sad, also being in Alberta...I recently came home from a trip to the Caribbean with 4lbs of frozen Kerrygold in my suitcase because we can't get it here. It tastes so. Bloody. Good. I gross out my mister by eating it straight.
    It's not just that it's tough to find grass-fed butter around here, but there's also a limit on the milk fat percentage so Canadian butter has less milk fat and more water/milk solids in it. There's a whole set of crazy regulations on dairy products here that are apparently meant to protect Canadian producers.
    You *can* bring butter back from the States duty free, but there is a limit of $20 worth per person. Take some friends on a quick cross-border trip and stock up, perhaps?
    There are decent options available, though - Foothills Creamery makes some tasty butter. Organic Meadow is a brand that's almost 100% grass fed, but right on the website it says the feed has to be supplemented with grains in the winter because, well, there's no damn grass.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle M View Post
    I live in Calgary and I ordered Organic Grass Fed Ghee from Pure Indian Foods.
    Their website is really easy to use and it was no problem shipping to Canada.
    Pure Indian Foods - A fifth-generation, family-owned ghee business since 1889.
    This is all I use and it is so delicious.
    I'm in the states and order it from Amazon.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Use cultured butter it has a higher fat content and tastes more like European butter
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12