Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Parents! I need your advice! page

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member

Primal Parents! I need your advice!

Shop Now
    Hello,

I am a father of 3 and now that old man winter has set in, I need some things to do with the kids. We had a VERY active summer and now being stuck in the house is killing everyone. I live in Columbus, OH and the weather is pretty much cloudy and rainy until April or May through September.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about getting the kids out and moving slowly. Obviously we love to play in the snow but there isn't much around these days. Hopefully we will get more this winter than last but so far not much.

Any idea's would be awesome! Thanks!

Brian

JayGee is offline Member
    Do you have a basement? Preferably unfinished and free of clutter? We move our outdoor activities into the basement in the winter. My kids love scooter races, indoor soccer games, and street hockey in the unfinished basement. We also go hiking all winter long - just bundle up.

The basement is a good idea. Some cleaning will need to take place I'm sure. We definately planned some hikes but the problem is all the damn rain. Hard to find a day without it.

JayGee is offline Member
    Also, our neighbors built an indoor jungle gym in their basement with a swing, a slide and monkey bars. They just put gym mats on the floor underneath so no one breaks anything!

Thats a hell of an idea!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Where we live in NZ, it rains most of the year, most of the time. The answer is: rain gear and go outside.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Where we live in NZ, it rains most of the year, most of the time. The answer is: rain gear and go outside.
    This except change the NZ to UK

Jumping in puddles is always fun
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Check out "Sky Zone Sports", it is an indoor space in Columbus all decked out with trampolines all over: the floors AND the walls. We are in east-central OH, but we are planning a pilgrimage sometime this winter to check it out ourselves.

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Rain gear. Tall boots. Find a creek, walk to it and make dams out of rocks. Or, walk upstream in the creek. Divert the creek with rocks. Playing in water can be lots of fun. Even when it is cold.

Opie is offline Junior Member
    Juggling or handstands. I'm in the circus so I'm biased in that direction, but it is great for indoors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast