Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Push-up Progression *Video!* page 2

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    one arm clap push-ups... not for everyone. #beastmode.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Al

I've just been watching your push up progression video with interest, I'm working through Wade's CC programme at the minute and he pushes for knees and feet together while doing one arm pushups. Is this a realistic goal or is feet and legs apart the way to go?

Thanks
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Thanks mate, always great.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Thanks again for all the positivity and support, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Al

I've just been watching your push up progression video with interest, I'm working through Wade's CC programme at the minute and he pushes for knees and feet together while doing one arm pushups. Is this a realistic goal or is feet and legs apart the way to go?

Thanks
    Coach Wade and I agree on about 99% of this type of stuff but one arm push-ups is a key area where we diverge. I firmly believe that a wide stance makes for a more sound one arm push-up than feet together. In my next book (which will be out in about 2-3 months) I present my case for why I feel this way.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    OK Al, here's my idea for your no-arm push-up--basically a flag with belly toward the ground...then let yourself down slowly (or the face don't like it) and back up again! Cmon, I know you can do it! If the regular one is the Dragon Flag (thanks Bruce Lee), what would we call this...caption contest...?

On the other hand, this idea is probably a good example of how theory and practice really are different...

An upside down dragon flag would be pretty remarkable. You'd still have to use your arms to hold the pole though, wouldn't you?
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking you'd lock your feet under something and keep hands behind your head.
    So it would be kind of like a hyperextension...I guess we could name it the Super-Duper-Hyper Extension No Arm Push-up!
    Last edited by Tom B-D; 01-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Gotcha. Sort of like a glute/ham raise (google it).

BamaAla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Thanks again for all the positivity and support, guys!

Coach Wade and I agree on about 99% of this type of stuff but one arm push-ups is a key area where we diverge. I firmly believe that a wide stance makes for a more sound one arm push-up than feet together. In my next book (which will be out in about 2-3 months) I present my case for why I feel this way.
    What a tease! Mark BamaAla down for a copy on the day it's released...so impatient though.

ETA: what about planche (sp?) push-ups? Are those part of the progression or are they left mainly as a gymnastic skill/exercise?
    Last edited by BamaAla; 01-04-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    What a tease! Mark BamaAla down for a copy on the day it's released...so impatient though.

ETA: what about planche (sp?) push-ups? Are those part of the progression or are they left mainly as a gymnastic skill/exercise?
    As is typical with Dragon Door products, the ebook may be out a bit sooner. I'll keep you guys posted when I have more specifics. I'm glad you're excited for it though!

As for the planche push-up, it is something that I touch upon briefly in the book, but it's not a major component.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast