Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numbing sensation on arm lately

Hybrid View

Numbing sensation on arm lately

Can anybody throw out ideas on what it could be? I thought about the possibilities:

- I take 500mg magnesium 2x/week, on top of tons of chocolate and 1 bottle of sparkling water/day, and liberally salt my foods with pink Himilayan salt, so I don't think it's a mineral problem
    - I drink about 1.5-2L of liquids/day, so it's not dehydration? Although lately my pee has been yellower/smellier lately...
    - I easily eat over 5 lbs of red meat/week, 1-2 lbs fish/week, and 1/2-1lb liver/week, so it's not B-vitamins?
    - I eat at least 10 servings of dried seaweed/week, so it's not iodine.

Help?

Sounds like a pantothenic acid deficiency. Take a b complex. Also, yellow urine is a good thing.
    Make America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Sounds like a pantothenic acid deficiency. Take a b complex. Also, yellow urine is a good thing.
    She said she eats over 5 lbs of red meat a week. It's almost impossible to be deficient in B5 at that level of intake, not including any other meats she may eat throughout the week.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    She said she eats over 5 lbs of red meat a week. It's almost impossible to be deficient in B5 at that level of intake, not including any other meats she may eat throughout the week.

Just sayin'.
    Not if she pisses it all out by drinking 67 oz of liquids a day

Just sayin'

Other than that, how is your calcium and carb intake, sakura_girl?
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Make America Great Again

Just sayin'
    Holy crap, you really have no concept of physiology, do you?

I generally restrain myself from commenting on the various pseudo-medical/scientific drivel I encounter on this website, but the absolute conviction with which you provide a medical diagnosis WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION and your absolute conviction that you're right combined with zero understanding of physiology is just mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post

I generally restrain myself from commenting on the various pseudo-medical/scientific drivel I encounter on this website, but the absolute conviction with which you provide a medical diagnosis WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION and your absolute conviction that you're right combined with zero understanding of physiology is just mindblowing.
    I honestly wasn't paying much attention last night. Intestinal inflammation, hypothyroidism, and a pantothenic acid deficiency could all cause continuous numbness, was probably my original thought(...and why I even posted that last part is beyond me), but her issue is likely nothing even serious that stretching, exercising, magnesium oil, etc would not fix.

Pantothenic acid deficiency is extremely rare anyway, and usually requires specific antagonists to even reach that.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Make America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post

How about not getting into a twist and just fucking tell her where she went wrong? You didn't even bother to do that.

Just sayin'

Other than that, how is your calcium and carb intake, sakura_girl?
    Derpamix, your body only excretes excess B-vitamins, if she is lacking in a certain B vitamin, it will not be excreted.

Could be a Pinched nerve in shoulder or neck. Usually an easy fix for a chiropractor if that's what it is.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Is it on your computer mouse side? Tense shoulder? Try switching mouse arms for awhile. That fixed my tingling arm trouble. Just a thought, could be wrong.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Which arm is it? Left arm can be related to heart...