Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numbing sensation on arm lately page

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

Numbing sensation on arm lately

Shop Now
    Can anybody throw out ideas on what it could be? I thought about the possibilities:

- I take 500mg magnesium 2x/week, on top of tons of chocolate and 1 bottle of sparkling water/day, and liberally salt my foods with pink Himilayan salt, so I don't think it's a mineral problem
    - I drink about 1.5-2L of liquids/day, so it's not dehydration? Although lately my pee has been yellower/smellier lately...
    - I easily eat over 5 lbs of red meat/week, 1-2 lbs fish/week, and 1/2-1lb liver/week, so it's not B-vitamins?
    - I eat at least 10 servings of dried seaweed/week, so it's not iodine.

Help?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a pantothenic acid deficiency. Take a b complex. Also, yellow urine is a good thing.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Sounds like a pantothenic acid deficiency. Take a b complex. Also, yellow urine is a good thing.
    She said she eats over 5 lbs of red meat a week. It's almost impossible to be deficient in B5 at that level of intake, not including any other meats she may eat throughout the week.

Just sayin'.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    She said she eats over 5 lbs of red meat a week. It's almost impossible to be deficient in B5 at that level of intake, not including any other meats she may eat throughout the week.

Just sayin'.
    Not if she pisses it all out by drinking 67 oz of liquids a day

Just sayin'

Other than that, how is your calcium and carb intake, sakura_girl?
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Could be a Pinched nerve in shoulder or neck. Usually an easy fix for a chiropractor if that's what it is.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Is it on your computer mouse side? Tense shoulder? Try switching mouse arms for awhile. That fixed my tingling arm trouble. Just a thought, could be wrong.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Which arm is it? Left arm can be related to heart...

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not if she pisses it all out by drinking 67 oz of liquids a day

Just sayin'
    Holy crap, you really have no concept of physiology, do you?

I generally restrain myself from commenting on the various pseudo-medical/scientific drivel I encounter on this website, but the absolute conviction with which you provide a medical diagnosis WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION and your absolute conviction that you're right combined with zero understanding of physiology is just mindblowing.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'd recommend not jumping straight to a dietary hack. Rule out the more likely issues first.

Dinohunt and knifegill are on the right track. Assess the blood flow and check for neurological compromise first. But, seriously a numb extremity could be so many things that we have next to nothing to go on here. I really wouldn't even wanna guess without someone doing a physical exam...depending which arm you could even be talking heart, liver, or gall bladder referred pain, but....

How often does it occur? When does it occur (what makes it worse)? What makes it better once its there (shaking the arm)? Which arm is it and exactly which parts of the arm are affected? Any history of trauma/injury?.....
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-24-2012 at 06:50 AM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Definitely is my mouse arm, which is my right hand. It's been particularly bad these past few weeks. Coincidentally, I've also had more pressure put on me at work than any other time (more computer use) and I've gone off the deep end with D3 and Sc2....

What are the steps I can take to stretch it out? I try to move it around a lot like rotating it after using the computer, but it doesn't help much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast