Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-primal Kitchen Appliances page 3

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just put our toaster away in the drawer. I can't bring myself to make toast for the kids anymore, I feel like I'm poisoning them. I make primal pancakes instead, a small step in a better direction. (I'll work on getting them interested in lamb chops....)

I was thinking about one of those rotisserie things for the barbeque that you can stick a whole animal on, but I think it would freak the family out.

Thinking of planting some banana trees so I can have the leaves to do a hungi. Not sure a hole in the ground counts as a kitchen appliance though.

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    I have a beautiful, expensive fuzzy-logic rice maker that I used constantly pre-paleo. I don't miss the rice, but I do love that machine! Can't bring myself to part with it yet, even though I haven't used it yet this year. Every now and then I open the cupboard and gaze at it longingly. Beautiful machine. It never let me down. I feel unfaithful...

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely going to try making my homemade sausage patties in the waffle maker!

I gave away my break maker, and have a juicer and rice maker that I haven't rid myself of. I suppose I could steam veg in the rice maker...

I plan on making batches of primal waffles and freeze them, as well as coconut flour banana bread. Both of those will get toasted in the morning for those early 5:30am breakfasts for groklings on the way to day care. (Or at least that's the plan.)

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Keep the juicer and rice cooker. Make green juices (kale, cucumber, spinach) etc... in the juicer and try steamed scrambled eggs in the rice cooker.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Any real use for a toaster oven? I should just put it in the trash, along with a broken blender I haven't tossed.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Make bacon, sausage with the broiler pan in the toaster oven, melt cheese over an open face frittata, reheat a clafouti
    Keep the toaster oven. It's come in handy for me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gator is offline Senior Member

non-primal kitchen appliances

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    haha.

I once watched my insaneo best friend shove a wooden boken/practice sword straight throug both sides of an old broken mini-fridge because he was pissed about something.
    That had to be one hell of a boken!!!

Arturo42Y is offline Junior Member
    Outstanding information is found upon these boards. Cheers guys.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I traded out my juicer for a meat grinder and sausage attachment for my kitchenaide. I need to get busy, LOL.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Unless it's a beautiful 40s GE stainless toaster with Bakelite handles (small sob that I left that behind), go ahead and toss it or donate it. If it is, put it on display like any other antique.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast