Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many eggs!!!!

Hybrid View

Too many eggs!!!!

I know eggs are healthy, and CW is BS, but seriously, don't you guys think you can eat too many eggs?

I ask because, from messing with nootropics, I know eggs are "fairly" high in Choline.

Too much Choline can start giving a person headaches, and sometimes even depression. I started eating the classic 6 eggs in the morning, and more throughout the day, type of way. I've been getting head-aches this morning.

Do you guys think I'm just connecting fake dots here, or could it legitimately be the eggs?

I don't know. How many eggs per day are you eating, and why are you solely relying on eggs? I've never heard of 6 eggs in the morning being "classic".

I usually eat 3 with something else at breakfast.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I should mention I'm 6,0, 140 lbs.

That's why I'm eating so many eggs, they're a quality, cheap source of protein.

Throughout the day, like Damiana, I can easily knock out a dozen eggs

My friends and I have been known to eat a dozen eggs each a day when we are craving them. No problems for us.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    I know eggs are healthy, and CW is BS, but seriously, don't you guys think you can eat too many eggs?
    I don't know any upper limits for eggs, and I ate 21 eggs & 21 extra eggwhites on most of the weekdays for four weeks, and I am still alive. Well, some of the days I ate around half of this, but eggs are good for you...

I agree too that eggs are good for you and way more nutritious than muscle meat. I feel no need to set an upper limit.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

I eat minimum 4 a day at least 5 days a week. I've never had any problems. I honestly can't remember ever having a headache that wasn't directly related to sinus pressure during a severe cold.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

The OP didn't state that they were relying solely on eggs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    The OP didn't state that they were relying solely on eggs.
    Because I'm not???

I eat A LOT

12 eggs a day wouldn't amount to how much I try to get in

Most people get too little choline, which is very good for you. Chris Masterjohn has written extensively on it: Does Dietary Choline Contribute to Heart Disease? | Mother Nature Obeyed - Weston A Price Foundation
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine