Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many eggs!!!! page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

Too many eggs!!!!

Primal Fuel
    I know eggs are healthy, and CW is BS, but seriously, don't you guys think you can eat too many eggs?

I ask because, from messing with nootropics, I know eggs are "fairly" high in Choline.

Too much Choline can start giving a person headaches, and sometimes even depression. I started eating the classic 6 eggs in the morning, and more throughout the day, type of way. I've been getting head-aches this morning.

Do you guys think I'm just connecting fake dots here, or could it legitimately be the eggs?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I don't know. How many eggs per day are you eating, and why are you solely relying on eggs? I've never heard of 6 eggs in the morning being "classic".

I usually eat 3 with something else at breakfast.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My friends and I have been known to eat a dozen eggs each a day when we are craving them. No problems for us.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

I should mention I'm 6,0, 140 lbs.

That's why I'm eating so many eggs, they're a quality, cheap source of protein.

Throughout the day, like Damiana, I can easily knock out a dozen eggs

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    I know eggs are healthy, and CW is BS, but seriously, don't you guys think you can eat too many eggs?
    I don't know any upper limits for eggs, and I ate 21 eggs & 21 extra eggwhites on most of the weekdays for four weeks, and I am still alive. Well, some of the days I ate around half of this, but eggs are good for you...

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I agree too that eggs are good for you and way more nutritious than muscle meat. I feel no need to set an upper limit.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I eat minimum 4 a day at least 5 days a week. I've never had any problems. I honestly can't remember ever having a headache that wasn't directly related to sinus pressure during a severe cold.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    The OP didn't state that they were relying solely on eggs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Most people get too little choline, which is very good for you. Chris Masterjohn has written extensively on it: Does Dietary Choline Contribute to Heart Disease? | Mother Nature Obeyed - Weston A Price Foundation
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    The OP didn't state that they were relying solely on eggs.
    Because I'm not???

I eat A LOT

12 eggs a day wouldn't amount to how much I try to get in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast